Did Ja?

gridlox

Did ja? ever have one of those weeks when it seemed the GCing Demons were out to get ya?

Last week I got to get out and claim a FTF on a new cache.

But it was hid in an area that required a lot of up and down stairs climbing. And since I have a knee that flares up whenever the weather takes a big change, a rainy, windy Monday morning wasn't really the best time to undertake it.

But it was my chance at my very first FTF so I couldn't pass it up.

The next day my knee was so sore, I could barely stand, much less walk for any distance without enduring a good bit of pain.

(Strike 1)

Friday (April 1st), I was in an area of town where I don't normally go through, so I thought I'd grab a micro that is part of a 7 part series here in town that was in that area.

When I get to the cache site, it is on a steep incline that can be reached if you circle around from the topside, but if you step across a "about 2ft" ditch it's just at arms length, if you use the tree next to the cache as support.

Stepped across and grabbed the cache & signed log.

Now the trick is, to go back across the ditch you have to give a little hop to your step because the othe side is about 6" higher.

Which any other time would be a piece of cake except I'm still nursing the sore knee. Guess which leg I decide to land on?

Yep! My knee gave way and I tumbled backwards into the ditch and had a nice mudbath.

I could hear the demons singing, "APRIL FOOLS!"

<_<B)

(Strike 2)

Then this past Saturday we go to a nearby town to let my wife shop at a specialty shop that she likes. Instead of sitting and waiting for her, I had plugged the location into GC.com before we left and found a cache that was less than a block from the shop to go and do.

I drop her off and go to the cache site. Me and the daughter get out and go into this little small park that had a train cabboose where the cache was hidden.

Simple 1/1 cache. B)

BUT, we find the cache only to have the log full. So, I start back to the car to get a piece of paper to add to the log to give it more room for future cachers.

Now mind you this place is almost completely flat, with the exception of right near the caboose. It is on a VERY VERY small rise that has been landscaped really nice with pine straw all around the spot the caboose is in for people to walk on so grass doesn't get trampled.

I start back to the car, and my daughter tells me to look at something. I stopped but my feet didn't.

BOTH feet slid completely out from under me and I land flat on my back with my now really sore knee bent backwards under me!

(STRIKE 3)

I am swearing off GCing for a few weeks to let my knee heal so I will quit trying to kill myself.

The demons have won this battle but they WILL NOT win the war!

I'LL BE BACK!!

At least I can get my GCing fix through the forums here while I recouperate!

D-man B)

edit:

But if you will notice, I got all Smilies for the hides!!! :):DB)

Edited by gridlox