Notify Cache Owner When Pictures Are Posted.

Thot

I suggest a notice be sent to the cache owner when a picture is posted in a log for his cache. This would have to be handled something like the way notices are sent to Forum topics being tracked. That is, a new notice would not be sent for every photo posted. Often people post multiple photos and notices for each of these isn’t desirable. But, if a photo is added or is revised since the owner has visited the cache then a notice would be issued.

I bring this up because sometimes I go for long periods without checking to see if photos have been posted. Recently I was visiting one of my cache page by chance and noticed there were several photo I hadn’t seen that had been there for a few weeks. It turned out a some of them were vivid spoilers posted by a newbie cacher.

You may want to send these notices to all who are watching the cache too.

But, then the cacher could overlook the check box or deliberlately leave it unchecked because he doesn't want the owner to edit his photos . . .

Photos can be uploaded at any time. I'd want notice of any new photos.

Edited by Thot
Photos can be uploaded at any time. I'd want notice of any new photos.

I agree. I don't want to be notified that photos are going to be logged. It could take days sometimes. I just would like to be notified when photos are actually posted.

--Marky

This idea should be extended to cover all changes to the logs. At present only one email per log is sent to the owner. The logger can change the log anytime and, unless the cache owner is frequently reviewing all logs he'd never know that e.g. a textual spoiler had been added.

Something I’ve considered suggesting before is that Groundspeak not send you the web log until about an hour after it is initially saved. I often edit/revise something or the other after the initial save, but I do all that soon after I first save it. I almost never edit a log more than an hour after the initial save.