Wild George Dollars -- Help!

Kaweah

The other night I picked up a Wild George dollar in a geocache. I'm new to caching and to wheresgeorge and had never seen one of these before. It was a small laminated dollar that said "Wild George, Salt Lake City, Utah, Token #456" in the center and had instructions stamped in red around the borders telling me to "See Where I'm From," "Track where I go next!" with the geocaching and wheresgeorge sites stamped in red, and with "Track This Bill!" and "www.wheresgeorge.com" stamped in a red circle around the laurel wreath above the dollar's serial number.

So, I entered it in at the wheregeorge site and had my account IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED for rules violation. I had to write them, explain what happened and beg to be let back in, which I was, with the warning that my acct will be permanently terminated if I break another rule.

I thought I'd share this unpleasant experience with the forum so nobody else has to go thru it.

Can someone please explain to me what this is about? It seems mean-spirited to me, and is my first negative geocaching experience.

Unless I find some reason not to, I plan to run this Wild George Token #456 from Salt Lake City, Utah thru the shredder.

Thanks for your help,

Kaweah

I read the discussion thread about George, but that's not what I'm writing about.

I'm writing about this shrunken, laminated variant called "Wild George Token #456" from SLC, UT, with all the stamped-in-red statements urging one to enter it on WG and GC.

Has anyone run across one of these? Do you know what's the story behind it?

As I mentioned earlier, it seems to have mal-intent behind it. Am I missing something?

Kaweah

O.K. I have done a little better research job this time.

I Googled "Wild George Token", which led to an active Geocacher in Utah.

I copied this off of the Wild George Groundspeak Member Profile Page:

Latest News:

If you have found one of my sigature Wild George geocaching/Where's George tokens, don't enter the serial number at wheregeorge.com. It will result in your account being deactivated. Sorry for the problem, it has been fixed on my new tokens.

Here is a Link to that Profile Page : Wild George Profile Page

And here is a thread (from 2003) on this Forum about Wild George Tokens with a post from Wild George:

Wild George Token Thread

Edited by Cardinal Red