How Many April 2005 Events?

I cannot find a way to get an answer without doing a lot of clicking on the event calendar to get this answer. Also wonder if we have an idea how many cachers participated in events this month?

Data like this might help the SC geocachers at the legislature, and I know it can help me in my efforts with the NC Parks and Rec Dept.

Once we get through the month I will get more accurate stats for you all on CITO events. There are still a few upcoming events, and lots of people haven't logged yet.

I'll have the CITO site updated with the info, I might be able to get the info posted on the main page too.

FYI we had 24 folks turn out for the Kincaid Park CITO Event (GCN506) on April 16th here in Alaska. They came from across 400 miles of the state.. Pretty good turnout - we had about 16 pre-register and 50% MORE showed up!

The posts won't reflect total numbers, as some folks had teams or families along. Unfortunately, our group photo didn't get all the attendees in it either, as some left early due to other commitments.

Anchorage City Parks Dept loved it & has invited us back to host seminars for staff, and then workshops as part of their Summer in the Parks series.

BTW I was one of the organizers of the only Swedish CITO-event Göteborg, Städ Stad which was no succes regarding the number of attendees. But we had excellent weather and a good time anyway!  :(

Well, we had our first CITO event in Russia and only few cachers came. The event was successful, however, since those who came were really nice guys, with good sense of humour and much enthusiasm. I've done much on preparing of this CITO, explained the idea, translated stories, showed photos, etc. But 10 cachers of the whole Russian geocaching community... that's not many, really. And some odd fellows here even claimed on the website that the CITO inititative was absurd and they won't participate. Sounds stupid, but since they are experienced cachers, their message might have influenced someone decision to come. Something has to be done with motivation here, I guess. I'm now looking for examples of how involve people in CITO-like activity within geocaching.

BTW, Russian CITO hasn't been mentioned anywhere at geocaching.com. (Not many people here know English to write about it). Does anyone need any description of Russian CITO for statistics or anything else? We have a story and photos at geocaching.ru, and I could translate a summary for .com if anyone is interested.

we had our first CITO event in Russia and only few cachers came. The event was successful, however, since those who came were really nice guys, with good sense of humour and much enthusiasm.

This is a GREAT start - it will grow from this small group and the next CITO you do will surely be better.

Thank you for all the work that you did in preparation and implemenation of the event, CJ.