Exactly what SeventhSon said...

This is what to look for at the bottom of the page

Current time: 5/9/2005 5:17:25 PM

Last Updated: 5/9/2005 12:10:28 PM

Last Found: 5/8/2005 7:00:00 AM

Approved By: Crow T Robot

Rendered: From Web Service

Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

All the information was great. Thanks Jamie for catching the subtlety of my particular situation.

Don't have any hides (yet). Thinking about adopting one which needs to either do that or just be archived. At any rate, I wanted to talk to my regional reviewer/approver to see what their opinion was specifically.

Thanks!

Keystone, thanks. I dispatched an email to the CO Admin.

Got an email back from the cache owner. He was a really nice guy. He had moved away from the region, hence the lack of maintenance.

If someone does move, is there a way to put a cache up for adoption? It would seem that sometimes it wouldn't be possible to hike up to your cache before you move. It would be a bit more responsible to try to pass the cache onto someone who would maintain it.

Edited by A^2
If someone does move, is there a way to put a cache up for adoption? 

The best way to put a cache up for adoption (assuming you don't know a geocacher who might be interested) is to edit the cache description to say that you're looking for someone to adopt it. It's most likely to be seen by people in your area who would be in a position to maintain it. :mad:

Posting a note to your cache page is another way of advertising that it's available for adoption. It has the advantage of triggering a notice to the watchlist and bookmark lists, but the disadvantage of falling off the page after 5 logs, so a note plus Kai Team's recommendation of editing the cache description gives you the best of everything. Additionally, post in your local geocaching group if you have caches available to adopt -- or post in the appropriate regional forum here, if you aren't a member of a local group.

Once a new owner is arranged, process the transfer by writing to geocaching.com as Team K-9 describes.