Who Has Placed The Most Caches In My State?

The 'placed_by' field can be fudged, but the 'owner' tag will reflect the placer.

"Not all things worth doing are worth doing well."

Since all of SD fits in a PQ, just pull the text file. Extract the placer lines and count how many times each occurs. I can see the top 5 placers in my local area thusly:

$ grep ':owner>' MiddleTN | sort | uniq -c | sort -n | tail -5

66 <Groundspeak:owner id="113492">Monkeybrad</Groundspeak:owner>

78 <Groundspeak:owner id="65723">AbbysGrammy</Groundspeak:owner>

89 <Groundspeak:owner id="93371">EssPea</Groundspeak:owner>

126 <Groundspeak:owner id="22344">JoGPS</Groundspeak:owner>

133 <Groundspeak:owner id="26978">Southpaw</Groundspeak:owner>

Yeah, archived caches won't be in the counts returned this way but from there you can pull the top couple and hand review them if you think that #1 will be moved by that.

If that basic approach works for you (you could probably do something like it in your favorite database or spreadsheet) and you have a PQ of your state, I can run that same set of commands trivially on your PQ. (Yeah, it's technically a violation of the TOS to do it, but sometimes it's easier to just give a man a fish....)

This site list cachers by finds and by state - here's the link for South Dakota often the high number finders and hiders are the same folks. I don't know how accurate this list is. I met the wandererjb at an event in Florida and mentioned that I had seen him on the South Dakota rankings, which amazed him as he doesn't live there, but has done some caching in the state.

you could run a PQ then load it in watcher, display by owner, and then go threw and pick out the accounts with only a few caches and use the special filter pick which owners to display/or not. Very time consuming... and it was easy to get all the states caches (one PQ). It looks like Team Family Afair has 28, Milbank 18, MND scouters 14, and on target 13. Of course that only caches that are active, and assumes someone didn't get left out or put on the do not display list (in watcher).