How to deal with stickers

I've searched the internet and these forums and didn't find any info on the best way to deal with stickers when hiking for a cache. Sometimes my pants and socks look really furry! A few times I threw away my socks. Is there some sort of socks or pants which resist stickers? Or, do you have any hints how to deal with this problem?

Hiking boots help big time.

The addition of gaiters has helped as well.

The newer zip off's pants are helpful as well. ( some synthetic fabrics do not seem to attract as many stickers )

As for removal of stickers from socks:

Turning the affected garment inside out and pulling through is one technique I have used in the past. A small pair of needle nosed pliers was helpful.

With socks running $1.50 per pair seems like spending a lot of time pulling stickers is ... a little overboard in the thrifty department. However, for those of us raised by depression era parents ... many of us try to salvage what we can when possible.

Once in awhile I have luck pulling those things off with duct tape.

I bet if you wrapped from your shoes to your knees with duct tape you wouldn't get any stickers at all.

I can't get my pants off for all the duct tape wrapped around my legs. Is there a way to get the tape off without damaging my pants?

Have you tried stickers?
I'm surprised no one has suggested simply not wearing pants and socks. Most stickers/burrs don't stick to skin :)

Or, if you'd rather not get your own skin all scratched up, I'm guessing they don't stick much to leather clothing either. Go for the biker-cacher look :wub:

You haven't been arrested yet?
I'm surprised no one has suggested simply not wearing pants and socks. Most stickers/burrs don't stick to skin :)

Or, if you'd rather not get your own skin all scratched up, I'm guessing they don't stick much to leather clothing either. Go for the biker-cacher look :)

Where does it say that?

See the bolded text. :wub:

Or, if you'd rather not get your own skin all scratched up, I'm guessing they don't stick much to leather clothing either. Go for the biker-cacher look :)

Where does it say that?

No. Where does it say they haven't been arrested.

I'm surprised no one has suggested simply not wearing pants and socks.

Where does it say that?

I never said that. Don't make me explain a joke. Not even a dumb one.

:) Back atcha.

I'll getcha for that. :)
I'm surprised no one has suggested simply not wearing pants and socks.

Where does it say that?

I never said that. Don't make me explain a joke. Not even a dumb one.

:) Back atcha.

I'll getcha for that. :)

Not likely. (as I check back over my shoulder)

I've searched the internet and these forums and didn't find any info on the best way to deal with stickers when hiking for a cache. Sometimes my pants and socks look really furry! A few times I threw away my socks. Is there some sort of socks or pants which resist stickers? Or, do you have any hints how to deal with this problem?

when you go for the LPCs make sure there are none of those pesky little kids around... they carry stickers, markers, sticky candy, etc.