GenUploadStats macro in GSAK

XD1

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the above macro to work, it has worked fine in the past until I changed my username in geocaching.com. The macro insists on trying to log in under the old name, and I get a message in the 'dos box' saying its incorrect, but no indication on how to remedy the problem. I have changed my GC username in GSAK but this has no effect. Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the above macro to work, it has worked fine in the past until I changed my username in geocaching.com. The macro insists on trying to log in under the old name, and I get a message in the 'dos box' saying its incorrect, but no indication on how to remedy the problem. I have changed my GC username in GSAK but this has no effect. Thanks in advance.

Opps, the info I posted before was for FindStatGen, just realized you were talking about a different macro. Looked up the one you were talking about and it sounds like it just runs the FindStatGen and automatically posts to your profile. Did you change your user name under options in GSAK too? That is where FindStatsGen looks. Instead of using your username there, I use my Member ID number, so when I changed my user name, it didn't matter because the ID number stays the same. You can get your ID number on your account details page.

Edited by WhoDis

I had the same problem as XD1. The GenUploadStats macro in GSAK worked great until I changed my geocaching username. Then the macro kept trying to upload my stats under my previous username, and I just got errors. There seemed to be no user-friendly way to change my username for the macro. That is, until I found an apparent solution. I had saved all my GSAK files under "../Application Data\gsak\Macros." In this folder, I moved (or deleting may be just fine) the file named GenUploadStats.dat to another folder. Then I ran the GenUploadStats macro again. This time, the window that asked for my geocaching ID info immediately popped up. I filled out my new info and the upload worked great! So far, this method seems to work just fine. I hope this helps!

I had the same problem as XD1. The GenUploadStats macro in GSAK worked great until I changed my geocaching username. Then the macro kept trying to upload my stats under my previous username, and I just got errors. There seemed to be no user-friendly way to change my username for the macro. That is, until I found an apparent solution. I had saved all my GSAK files under "../Application Data\gsak\Macros." In this folder, I moved (or deleting may be just fine) the file named GenUploadStats.dat to another folder. Then I ran the GenUploadStats macro again. This time, the window that asked for my geocaching ID info immediately popped up. I filled out my new info and the upload worked great! So far, this method seems to work just fine. I hope this helps!

Could have used this a week ago. When I was setting the GenUploadStats macro I put in the wrong password, I eneded up changing my GC.com password to match for it to work. Maybe I'll change it back now.

Thanks for that suggestion, I've had the same problem after changing my password.