Moun10bike Coin On Ebay

Defender1

Greetings all,

I see you are all harassing a close personal friend of mine who is selling a Moun10bike geocoin that I gave him. Well, well, well, I don’t know where to begin. First of all, harassment is a much bigger deal than the selling of the coin. I GAVE him the coin and it is his to do with as he sees fit.

I wonder how many of you would get upset if someone tried to sell one of the golf balls or Lego toys found in a cache? My best guess is None. I realize that Jon and the rest of you may not want these coins sold on eBay, but type in geocoin and see how many searches are returned!!

Why not harass all those people as well? I gave him that coin in trade for a new hobby, and that’s all this is, is a hobby!! If I sell a baseball card that belonged to a friend for a hoop more than he gave for it, does that make it a crime? NO, that’s called entrepreneurship. Hell, had I known he was going to get over $500.00 for it that coin would have been on eBay a long long time ago. To act like a child or a "telephone tough guy" and harass someone for this is outlandish and ignorant! If you don’t like it or don’t agree then don’t bid on it, it’s that simple. You can all keep your emails from me as well as I obviously don’t care, or I never would have given up the coin in the first place. As for the selling of geocoins keep your eyes peeled as I have a ton of personal geocoins that will be making there way to eBay very soon, so if you cant go out and get your own feel free to add to my pocket and bid them up....................

Also, no sales of this geocoin are allowed.

Really, so if I have a US Penny that is 100 years old and worth money can I sell it? People do it everyday and that is property of the US Government and they dont seem to mind, has Moun10bike rised so high that he is now more powerfull than the Government.

I assume this is the coin in question

Look under about this item

This coin may be kept, traded, sent traveling, gifted or otherwise enjoyed by the holder. I do, however, retain the right to delete virtual logs or other bogus logs. Also, no sales of this geocoin are allowed.

You can use whichever.... over the edge examples you want.... its plain and simple.... stealing. Find better ways to pay your debts to people

Edited by Flooded Tree

I assume this is the coin in question

Look under about this item

This coin may be kept, traded, sent traveling, gifted or otherwise enjoyed by the holder. I do, however, retain the right to delete virtual logs or other bogus logs. Also, no sales of this geocoin are allowed.

You can use whichever.... over the edge examples you want.... its plain and simple.... stealing. Find better ways to pay your debts to people

explain how this is stealing I GAVE HIM THE COIN he does not geocache or care about the coin and it is his to do with as he see's fit. I'm pretty much done explaining my self over a COIN that I no longer have possession of, I guess I could ask him for it back, but who in there right mind would give it back when he stands to make this much money from it. As for my example its much more realistic than you want to belive, in fact it seems much more realistic to belive you would get in trouble for selling government currancy for more than its face value than you would for selling something someone found in the woods. If you want look at it like this, he is gifting the coin to someone who wants it, and they are gifting him some money they dont need.

I wish all of the bidders in this auction well. However, I feel that I must warn you that you will be bidding on a "dead" coin - no tracking and no icon. I am having any of my geocoins that are sold on eBay or elsewhere locked by Groundspeak.

I think it is pretty clear from my wording on the coin descriptions as well as elsewhere in the forums that I do not approve of the sale of my or any other activated coins (unless such sales are blessed by the coin owner). Oh, and if there is any question as to who is the owner of one of my coins, please see the name next to the "Owner:" heading near the top of the coin page.

Thank you.