Finding cache

Team-Budje66

Hello all

Today I started with Geocaching with a Garmin GPSMap 62 ST. I loaded multiple caches to my GPS with USB cable. I found two of the caches today. I reported 1 of them bye Android App Geocaching by FOUND IT. The other one I pushed the button on my GPS as FOUND. Just to try 2 methods.

But how can I get that FOUND signal back from GPS to my Geocaching account? If my GPS is not attached to laptop, I can see the status FOUND. But if attached to laptop its a USB-drive and I cant find the option to import that FOUND signal to Geoaching.com. Also no in the webpage.

Ihop sombody can explain it to me.? Thank in advance.

Greetz from The Netherlands,

Budje66

Field Notes are shown here when loaded. > http://www.geocaching.com/my/fieldnotes.aspx

Upload my Field Notes from here, all is explained. > http://www.geocaching.com/my/uploadfieldnotes.aspx and then click on the Garmin tab.

To upload Field Notes from your compatible Garmin device:

Plug your Garmin device into your computer with a USB cable.

Click "Browse" on this web page and go to the Garmin directory on your device's drive.

Select the file named "geocache_visits.txt" and click "Upload" on this page to upload your Field Notes.

We recommend that you delete the "geocache_visits.txt" file on your device once your Field Notes have been successfully uploaded.

Once the Field Notes are uploaded you can return to the Field Notes list page to start logging your finds.

You can also go to the cache page and log it from there.

^^^This^^^

You could probably do that a lot quicker than fiddling about trying to upload it from your GPS.

I have a Garmin 62s, and log my finds online at home. Works fine for me, anyway! Try the different methods, and see which you prefer.