How do I clear caches from my Garmin

Namaste7777

Hi

I have a GARMIN OREGON 600 and have a few questions about caching: -

1) I am unable to delete old Caches from the Garmin.

2) How do I get access to maps? a map of the UK came with the Garmin but I am unable to attach it.

3) On Multi caches how do I save/over-write the new point discovered?

4) Am i able to copy Geocache points off my tablet on to ther Garmin?

Is anybody out there able to help me with these questions?

Namaste7777

Plug the Garmin into a PC's USB port. Then delete the cache files in the Garmin's directory [OR Drive]:/GARMIN/GPX (but first save the files onto your computer if you have files you wish to keep).

If you're instead asking about Pocket Queries and trying to not load previously found caches (or did you mean to remove "archived caches" only?), there's a selection for that in the Pocket Query form, to filter them out. In most cases, at least for caches in an area you regularly hunt, it's handy to have available all caches whether found or not, especially if you may return to some at times, and if you may wish to place your own caches. The Oregon has its own filters built-in, so you can hide or show them at will, and the 600 has a huge list capability.

2) How do I get access to maps? a map of the UK came with the Garmin but I am unable to attach it.

You ask a lotta complicated questions at once :anicute:! Is this "map" on an SD Card? If so, it's installed in a slot in the battery compartment. If it's a file, here's some info: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

First

. The 600 defaults to a quick press on the "user button" (below the power button) to quickly save a waypoint. Then edit that waypoint to whatever coordinates you wish. To over-write it, change the coordinates again.

Yes, they are saved as GPX files that can be used on other systems.

Edited by kunarion

Plug the Garmin into a PC's USB port. Then delete the cache files in the Garmin's directory [OR Drive]:/GARMIN/GPX (but first save the files onto your computer if you have files you wish to keep).

If you're instead asking about Pocket Queries and trying to not load previously found caches (or did you mean to remove "archived caches" only?), there's a selection for that in the Pocket Query form, to filter them out. In most cases, at least for caches in an area you regularly hunt, it's handy to have available all caches whether found or not, especially if you may return to some at times, and if you may wish to place your own caches. The Oregon has its own filters built-in, so you can hide or show them at will, and the 600 has a huge list capability.

You ask a lotta complicated questions at once :anicute:! Is this "map" on an SD Card? If so, it's installed in a slot in the battery compartment. If it's a file, here's some info: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

First

. The 600 defaults to a quick press on the "user button" (below the power button) to quickly save a waypoint. Then edit that waypoint to whatever coordinates you wish. To over-write it, change the coordinates again.

Yes, they are saved as GPX files that can be used on other systems.