etrex30 newbie

Nmw

I have plugged in the etrex30, gone to this site to view some geocaches in my area of interest, selected one, ticked the accept smallprint button, send to gps, then do 'select another one, tick the accept smallprint button again, send to gps' for several more, and diconnect gps, switch on again, go to the geocache page on the etrex and it says none found and to sign up again with a garmin geocache group group. I have read online that most popular site is here and that the garmin site has few geocaches. So can I do it the way I expected above or not.

No warning messages...no advisories...no geocaches from www.geocaching.com site???

Do you require my money first?

No, you don't have to pay for a membership to get the caches, but if you do much caching, you will eventually be glad to!

I'm a premium member and forget exactly how to do it the way you are trying, but I'll try to answer. Maybe someone with better knowledge will come along soon.

The best I can do is point you to this page for instructions for basic members.

For Windows, you should have been prompted to download and install Garmin Communicator for your GPSr to communicate with the computer and accept the caches downloaded to it.

This might help, but at the least it will bump the thread for notice from others more knowledgeable than me.

Sorry I missed this the first time.

I have a E-Trex 30 and it works well with this site. The problem you describe might be fixed by plugging the etrex into the computer, opening it as a device and finding the folder containing .gpx files. This may be a top level GPX folder or Garmin\GPX - I have two devices and forget which one is which. Go to that folder and delete everything in it. Don't delete the folder itself. There will probably be one or two folders and some .gpx files.

Then safely remove the device. Start it up wait until it is fully awake then shut it down.

Plug it back into the computer, add the new files then safely remove it. The caches should now appear.