need help to re-enable archieved Geocache

ropey

Can somebody please re-enable this cache again?

it was down for maintenance and then 2 meter of snow came and could not put it back very fast.

It has been back in place for over a month now, but its still archieved.

GC13T6Z

i have send many messages to the reviewer, but dont receive any reply.

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC13T6Z_view-over-surnadal-r1?guid=f323b691-a0a4-44a5-8b75-42789eaa1965

i hope somebody can help me out.

thanks in advance,

Ruben

Caches archived due to the lack of maintenance most likely will not be unarchived.

Your reviewer warned you 2016-02-03, you did not react (not even a Write Note) so the cache got archived.

Create a new listing with the same text and everything.

+1 Yep.

Just a simple write note log on the cache page was all that was needed, and you might have been cut a break.

Caches archived due to the lack of maintenance most likely will not be unarchived.

Your reviewer warned you 2016-02-03, you did not react (not even a Write Note) so the cache got archived.

Create a new listing with the same text and everything.

Thank you for posting this accurate answer and advice for the OP!

Can somebody please re-enable this cache again?

it was down for maintenance and then 2 meter of snow came and could not put it back very fast.

It has been back in place for over a month now, but its still archieved.

GC13T6Z

i have send many messages to the reviewer, but dont receive any reply.

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC13T6Z_view-over-surnadal-r1?guid=f323b691-a0a4-44a5-8b75-42789eaa1965

i hope somebody can help me out.

thanks in advance,

Ruben

Back on topic of if a cache owner can unarchive their cache...

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Geocache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

4.23. Unarchiving a Geocache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=70

The archiving of a geocache is intended to be a permanent status. That is why only community volunteer reviewers and Geocaching HQ staff have the capability to unarchive it. This is done only in rare circumstances and only if it meets the current Geocache Listing Guidelines.

If a geocache is archived by a reviewer or staff for lack of maintenance it will not be unarchived.

However, if you accidentally archived it, please contact the reviewer who originally published your geocache (listed at the bottom of the cache page) or another local reviewer. Read here how to find a local reviewer. You will need to provide the geocache name, GC code and the explanation for unarchiving it.

More than likely you should submit a new cache for that location. It would need to go through the regular Review process and confirm to all current Guidelines.

edit: I'm not crazy. Some off-topic discussion has been removed to the appropriate forum. Thank you to the moderator who did the heavy lifting.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

This gets to an issue that constantly frustrates me: CO communication (or lack thereof).

In SO MANY cases, if the CO would just respond to an issue, via Note or Owner Maintenance log, there would be no problem. What is so hard about writing a simple "I'll be by to replace the cache when the snow has melted enough" note for the reviewer? Without simple acknowledgment, the reviewers have no way of knowing if you are maintaining your cache.

When our reviewer does his regular sweeps of the area and disables a bunch of caches for lack of maintenance, the majority of them end up getting archived because the COs don't even acknowledge the message, much less make a plan to fix the potential problem. My god! Spend five seconds typing "will check on it soon". Even that simple note will likely buy you some extra time!