Magellan Explorist 510 downloading geocaches

Up until today I have had no problems "sending to GPS". This afternoon I went to download more geocaches (I only have 44 on my GPS). I connected the GPS to computer, signed into Geocache site, found the geocaches I wanted to download, selected the icon and clicked on send to my GPS. The window box came up that you click on download BUT the box says that the communicator could not be found. I clicked on the "install a new PC version. I did this but still cannot get the download done. I have turned off the computer and turned on again. Turned off the GPS and disconnected and reconnected and turned on again BUT still will not download.

Have a messed up the settings on the GPS? Any suggestions what I could do or try with the GPS. It shows that I am connected to the PC each time I turn on computer and GPS.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Elaine (AKA grammaellie47)

Are you using Internet Express as a browser?

IE has this habit of automatically updating without letting you know it updated.

Some of these updates throw a monkey-wrench into how they work with some websites.

Check into "Compatibility View" settings here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11 , if you are using IE. You may have to list various websites for it to work with them effectively -- geocaching.com is usually one that needs to be on that list.

Alternative: switch to using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as a browser.

You are a Premium Member. You could avoid using a browser at all (or the communicator) for loading your unit, if you were to run and download Pocket Query data instead of using "Send to GPS". Drag and drop the files from the computer to the unit... no browser or "Communicator" interaction needed.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

IE when it updates at times does the same to me. I now use Firefox and that works great. One thing you may try is to go to tools and select Add-ons and look for the Magellan add on. Look at the right hand side and make sure it says Always activate.