Travel Unicorn Geocoin

Sokmonsta

I found a travel unicorn Geocoin a little while ago. At present it is still in my possession as I've not found a suitably used cache and it had been languishing for a few months where I picked it up from and before that was stuck in one cache for nearly a year!

Anyway, on picking up a travel bug today, I noticed when I logged it, that the unicorn has the option to 'add to collection' next to it. What does this mean? I've messaged the owner as when I originally tried to log it, it said inactive. But I've not had that option before. Has the original owner reported it as lost/missing? They're not a prolific cached, but I don't want to send it on if it's unowned. I'd sooner post it back.

A travelling geocoin with a travel page that you can log your finds to is owned. The name of he owner is right near the top of the page. Even if marked as missing it still belongs to the person who released it.

The collectible check box has caused more confusion than it's worth. I suppose the owner could check it and allow the first person to find it to take it home and never see or hear from it again but that's rather rare.... why not just leave an unactivated coin in a cache so the first person who finds it can grab it as swag? At $10-$20 a pop why not just leave money, right?

Anyway, 2 weeks is about the max one should keep a traveler.

By collectible, I assumed that mean the the trackable was now out in the big wide world! I may have been slightly ambiguous by saying 'unowned'. I know it still belongs to the original cached, I meant if they had logged it as missing/lost. As I said, I'd rather post it back to the original owner. Especially as the info States it is a small child and the coin was a gift. I get paranoid enough about my own trackable going missing!