Garmin 600 question re caches

prawm

I have a newish Garmin 600.

One thing I don't like about it is that when I get near to a cache it will 'unlock' from that cache and then to read the hint or mark the cache as Found/DNF I have to go through the procedure of finding it again in the Where to? menu then loading it. If I'm standing near GZ and want to read the hint it may very well lock on and then instantly unlock from the cache so that the only way I can actually find out anything about that cache is to walk 20-30m away and reload it again.

Is there a setting I'm missing or a way to stop the machine from dumping the cache until I tell it I want a new one or make a log entry ie can I change it's sensitivity?

it shouldn't be doing that. Are you using direct routing, or are you routing along a road?

^This

The only times I've ever had my Garmin (either 450 or 600) automatically stop navigating to a geocache/waypoint is if I'm using automobile routing and get close to the coordinates. If I'm using direct routing, it will always continue to navigate to it no matter how many times I pass over GZ.

Can you tell us more about how you're starting the navigation to the cache (ie. from the map, the geocache list, etc.), and what your routing method is set to (Setup > Routing > Activity)?