GPS Tracking Apps

I am looking for good GPS Tracking Apps. I need it to be able to use Waypoints, as in finding my way out of the woods and where I parked, and to locate one another.

On Android I am using Handy GPS, it's okay, but the GUI is hard to use.

I am looking for good GPS Tracking Apps. I need it to be able to use Waypoints, as in finding my way out of the woods and where I parked, and to locate one another.

locus (does geocaching well also)

backcountrynavigator

maverick

osmand

oruxmaps

check the markets suggested similar apps also, just dont wqste your time or money on the five thousand variations of trimble subscriptions listed that look like apps

i prefer locus

backcountrynavigator

maverick

osmand

oruxmaps

check the markets suggested similar apps also, just dont wqste your time or money on the five thousand variations of trimble subscriptions listed that look like apps

i prefer locus

Thanks.

backcountrynavigator

maverick

osmand

oruxmaps

i prefer locus

Or, if you had a Garmin GPSr it would be built in.

backcountrynavigator

maverick

osmand

oruxmaps

i prefer locus

Or, if you had a Garmin GPSr it would be built in.

but i already have a smartphone, no need to duplicate the hardware for something as simple as track recording.

I use two for those kinds of things--Map My Hike for tracks, and GPS Waypoint Finder by Keuwlsoft (free and no ads). The first is great for distance traveled, speed, etc. and I can look at the screen to get back to any part of the hike. It also has an online version with extra details. The second is a very simple compass screen and a button to add, edit, import (including gpx files), or export waypoints. Arrows scroll previous and next waypoints, while settings change sound, units, or coord input (degrees, minutes, seconds). Very straightforward.

Yeah, I'm not going buy a separate device. My Active S6 works fine.

I have three good GPS units that I seldom use anymore. I have the ViewRanger GPS app on my android and a really good water-proof box for it. :laughing:

Maybe you could sell one to pay for a premium membership. rolleyes.gif

I had a GPSr long before I owned a smart phone.

Yeah, I'm not going buy a separate device. My Active S6 works fine.

I have three good GPS units that I seldom use anymore. I have the ViewRanger GPS app on my android and a really good water-proof box for it. :laughing:

Maybe you could sell one to pay for a premium membership. rolleyes.gif

I had a GPSr long before I owned a smart phone.

I don't really have much use for a premium membership anymore. :( I ran PQ's of all the PMO caches in areas that I may visit in the next six months before my PM expired and downloaded the free muggle app to free-load from the site.

I used to keep a PM because of Waymarking, but that site turned me off after the last rigged peer review voting. :(

Maybe someone here in the forums will renew my membership for me, and the government will send me a block of cheese? :D