Logging Dogs

jenn.arrebollo

Not really sure where to put this since I am still pretty new to caching. I have been a member for awhile, but only recently started finding caches.

I want to put a trackable on my dog. He LOVES going out with me and meeting people. I found a "Log My Dog" tag, but I don't really love the design. Can I just use any trackable item on his collar, or does it need to be this tag specifically?

Thanks in advance!

does it need to be this tag specifically?

You may use most any tag you wish with that tracking number on it. Even a fancy one at the laser-engraving machines. Or a doggy sweater or whatever. Keep the original tag in a safe place.

Edited by kunarion

does it need to be this tag specifically?

You may use most any tag you wish with that tracking number on it. Even a fancy one at the laser-engraving machines. Or a doggy sweater or whatever. Keep the original tag in a safe place.

My daughter has tracking numbers on bandanas for her dogs.

It's the number that matters - but be mindful when looking at other tags. We have a log my dog tag on our poodle and it's small, solid and hard wearing. It's on his collar permanently. The kids have travel bugs out and about and they're both a lot larger and a lot thinner, not really 'collar stable' as such.

Had the same questions, so thank you.

SO....if I want to find other dogs, how do you search dog trackables in your area? We visit a lot of dog parks.

Thanks!

Well, it's not like a cache where sometimes the trackable inventory's correct...

You'll have to scout around to spot one. Bring treats. :)

I'd think trails and events might be a better bet than the scene you'd make at busy dog parks. :laughing:

The "Log My Dog" that I've discovered have been pointed out by the dog's geocaching owner when we were on a geocaching hike together, or at a geocaching event together. They're more like a trackable name tag or a trackable T-shirt, something the owner let's you discover when you meet them, not something you'll discover on your own.