hiding a geocache

ton12loc

I am fairly new to geocaching and use my iPhone 5s with the full official geocaching app. I have a lot of fun finding them but would now like to hide one. My question is that my iphone's compass doesn't seem to use one of the coordinate formats that i saw on the website. like right now it reads 39 22'36" n 76 31'0"w...seems like website had extra numbers on the "36 and 0"...do i need to purchase a gps handheld instead?

I am fairly new to geocaching and use my iPhone 5s with the full official geocaching app. I have a lot of fun finding them but would now like to hide one. My question is that my iphone's compass doesn't seem to use one of the coordinate formats that i saw on the website. like right now it reads 39 22'36" n 76 31'0"w...seems like website had extra numbers on the "36 and 0"...do i need to purchase a gps handheld instead?

Yes there are numerous ways to convert even just by searching the internet. The other thing I would recommend is average your waypoints if your going to just use the phone and one set of coordinates. I do not have an iphone so maybe it does this already but if not there are apps out there that can do it for you. The reason I say this is I used my phone for S and G one time to compare to my cache location and it was on (suposedly) when I took the set of coords. But the next day I returned they were 100 feet off.