GPS settings on Whereyougo App for Droid

?wheresmom?

I have an HTC Droid Eris and I recently downloaded the Whereyougo application. I downloaded a couple cartridges, and the tutorial cartridge and they register on the application. However, whenever I go to play it warns me that my "gps signal is not optimal." I have attempted this in broad daylight in an open field with not a cloud in the sky. I use my phone for geocaching so I know the GPS works fine and is always on the money and quick to update. How can I go about setting up my application, maybe changing settings or dowlnoading another app, in order to run correctly?

Hello there! I'm pretty new to caching, and I have a MotoDroid that I purchased the official Geocaching app on. When I was first using it, it was kinda spotty but then I downloaded a free app called "GPS Averaging"... It looks like a blue satellite image. I know your question regards Wherigo, but on a day when I am going caching, I will pull this up, it can take a couple minutes, and you have to be outside, but it aligns your phones with almost exact GPS co-ords...I am usually showing an accuracy to within 5 feet, unless I'm in a forest, then it's sometimes 10-15 feet...Other times I hit my "Maps" app that came on the phone and I go to the street view, again, while outside, and that will show how close to your home location it has you near...I hope something here helps you!!! Oh, and if you download free app "c:geo", and hit live map button, that could help maybe too? Good luck! Let me know if any of these things help!

Edited by fenderreenie

it warns me that my "gps signal is not optimal." , about setting up my application, maybe changing settings or dowlnoading another app, in order to run correctly?

Ok, I'm just trying to help, lol, try the menu button on your phone, hit settings, go to location & security and make sure your check mark is green next to "Use GPS Satellites" ? I know once I did this, it was also closer accuracy...