Transfer Garmin Maps

hirtle

I recently purchased a new Garmin 64st, and City Navigator 2014 maps for it...then the device died.

Now I have the replacement GPS, but cannot figure out how to transfer the CN maps to it; they will not unlock.

Does anyone have any experience with this, who can offer words of wisdom?

I recently purchased a new Garmin 64st, and City Navigator 2014 maps for it...then the device died.

Now I have the replacement GPS, but cannot figure out how to transfer the CN maps to it; they will not unlock.

There is no legal means to transfer the maps. Where did you get the replacement? If you got it from Garmin they would have unlocked the map so you could load it on your new GPS. Otherwise your basically without a paddle.

There is no legal means to transfer the maps. Where did you get the replacement? If you got it from Garmin they would have unlocked the map so you could load it on your new GPS. Otherwise your basically without a paddle.

I think what they are saying is that they transferred the maps to the old unit (that later died).

NOW, they want to do the same with the same disk set (or SD).

I don't think Garmin wants you to buy one mapset and put it on multiple units. The fact the other GPSr died on you is beside the point.

But yes... I think you are without paddle.

I think what they are saying is that they transferred the maps to the old unit (that later died).

NOW, they want to do the same with the same disk set (or SD).

I don't think Garmin wants you to buy one mapset and put it on multiple units. The fact the other GPSr died on you is beside the point.

But yes... I think you are without paddle.

It's not so much Garmin as it is Navteq. The license from Navteq only allows one unit, which Garmin has to enforce. If the exchange is through Garmin then Garmin can allow the maps to be moved between like units. I had this experience with an old Nuvi. I exchanged the Nuvi through Garmin and they reinstated my Lifetime map key for the exchanged unit. The topo maps, at least the ones I have, are not locked to a unit and I can move them between units.