Garmin Nuvi 1300

Hello all,

I could use a little help, I would like to upload caches to my Garmin Nuvi 1300 in the simplest way possible. I will use my PN-40 once I am near parking or my iPhone, basically just using it for urban caching (P&Gs).

Can I just upload the PQ to an SD card and go? I would love the cache info there too if possible but, not necessary as I will have my PN-40 loaded and my iphone handy!

I use a Nuvi 780 and send the caches to the unit using GSAK just like I do my handhelds.....they are loaded as FAVORITES and the cache icon can be viewed when zoomed way out.....great for driving to a cache.

If you want cache info you need to use a macro in GSAK which will load them to the NUVI as POI's......I wouldn't do this as you have to zoom in too far to see the cache ( 200' ) and as you say, you already have the info. on your handheld.

Hello all,

I could use a little help, I would like to upload caches to my Garmin Nuvi 1300 in the simplest way possible. I will use my PN-40 once I am near parking or my iPhone, basically just using it for urban caching (P&Gs).

Can I just upload the PQ to an SD card and go? I would love the cache info there too if possible but, not necessary as I will have my PN-40 loaded and my iphone handy!

Similar to what Bamboozle mentioned.....

We use GSAK also. We export PQ's directly out of GSAK without a macro or without POI loader. They are stored as POI's. And yes... we have to zoom in to see the geocaches, but that hasn't been a problem for us. It just depends on how you use it....

Search this forum. There are lots of threads on this topic. There are many different methods to put geocaches into the Nuvi.

Edited by Lieblweb