Garmin Basecamp

SL3

Hopefully someone on this forum can help. I called Garmin and the guy seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. I was exporting KMZ files from Google Earth to Basecamp. When I was done I wanted to remove them. The Problem is I deleted the waypoints but not the sub-folder in My Collections. Now I have an empty folder that I can not delete. It is marked "unlisted data". I highlight it then click on edit, and go to "Remove and Delete Unique Content" to Delete, but it is not highlighted so that function cannot be used. I believe because I have already removed the content the program might be confused and won't remove the folder by itself. I tried to drag and drop more waypoints from another folder to see if I placed something into the folder that maybe the delete option will work, but the folder will not except anything being placed in it. I just want the folder gone. Any ideas?

Well there you have it. Thank you. Not sure why Garmin Tech could not convey that to me. Odd thing is that this folder was never there until I deleted these waypoints. It looks like I'll learn to live with it. Thanks again

Oh, I see what you're getting at now. I was going to say... deleting a user generated folder is as simple as pressing the delete key.

It's not uncommon for organization programs (whether for photos, music, pdfs, etc.) to have a built-in folder for displaying items that haven't been organized into a user generated folder/album/playlist/etc. Don't worry about it and move on.

Well there you have it. Thank you. Not sure why Garmin Tech could not convey that to me. Odd thing is that this folder was never there until I deleted these waypoints. It looks like I'll learn to live with it. Thanks again

The first time you do an operation that leaves data no longer in a list, Basecamp will create that folder. The data in it can be deleted but not the folder itself. Think of it like the Windows Trashcan or Mac Trash.

The first time you do an operation that leaves data no longer in a list, Basecamp will create that folder. The data in it can be deleted but not the folder itself. Think of it like the Windows Trashcan or Mac Trash.

Exactly.

But this can be a good thing, as seeing the 'Unlisted Data' empty can be a confirmation that you have not forgotten to move some data to a desired list, and seeing it with data reminds you there are still data items that may need to be moved to a desired list. 8^)