Add Note to List

supertbone

Up until a few months ago when adding a cache to a list from the cache page we had the ability to add a note for that cache in that list without having to go load the list and editing the note. Can we had this feature back in? This new functionality makes this process longer.

Up until a few months ago when adding a cache to a list from the cache page we had the ability to add a note for that cache in that list without having to go load the list and editing the note. Can we had this feature back in? This new functionality makes this process longer.

Please!

You still can. Instead of just clicking the bookmark link, left edit: RIGHT click it and open the link into a new tab or window. The old confirmation page, with the option to leave a note, will open in the new tab or window.

(This was covered in a couple forum posts a while back but was not publicized when the change was made.)

Edited by hzoi

You still can. Instead of just clicking the bookmark link, left click it and open the link into a new tab or window. The old confirmation page, with the option to leave a note, will open in the new tab or window.

(This was covered in a couple forum posts a while back but was not publicized when the change was made.)

For me, it's a right-click.

You still can. Instead of just clicking the bookmark link, left click it and open the link into a new tab or window. The old confirmation page, with the option to leave a note, will open in the new tab or window.

For me, it's a right-click.

Indeed. My fingers apparently didn't want to type what I was thinking. Right click.

Please!

The RIGHT-CLICK option isn't the long term solution to this issue. I shouldn't have to resort to using the feature of the browser to open a new page to Go to the OLD page that already exists. There is no telling

when that "old page" will disappear completely from the website.

An option to add comments to the bookmarked item is required.

Please!

The RIGHT-CLICK option isn't the long term solution to this issue.

Actually, it is -- that or editing the bookmark. The system has been changed. I've yet to see anything like this get rolled back lately. Accepting it as the long term solution appears to be the next step for you personally.

Actually, it is -- that or editing the bookmark. The system has been changed. I've yet to see anything like this get rolled back lately. Accepting it as the long term solution appears to be the next step for you personally.

Really sad! I keep a list of lonely caches that I've found. Used to be one step/click. Now it's three or four steps.

Really sad! I keep a list of lonely caches that I've found. Used to be one step/click. Now it's three or four steps.

Not sure how. I count either two fewer steps or one extra step, depending on whether or not you want to edit the bookmark.

Starting from the cache page:

Old way:

1. Click "Add to bookmark list"

2. Select bookmark list

3. Edit cache name and/or leave note (optional)

4. Click "Create bookmark"

5. Close tab or window, or back up two pages to the cache page

New way (without editing bookmark):

1. Click "Add to bookmark list"

2. Click name of bookmark list

3. Remain on cache page, or close tab or window (optional)

New way (with editing bookmark):

1. Right click "Add to bookmark list"

2. Select either "Open in new tab" or "Open in new window"

3. Select bookmark list

4. Edit cache name and/or leave note

5. Click "Create bookmark"

6. Close tab or window and return to the cache page

Edited by hzoi

Okay, well, that's a decent work-around. But, where is the fix for long-term? This is a function I use all the time and it was working just fine on the old list. Sigh... :wacko:

Once again, I don't see a reversion coming since the function of the link on the cache page itself was changed. But you can always ask.

Meanwhile, maybe refer your forum title:

it is what it is