Edit public profile bug

Run N Search

It appears that there is no way to edit and customize your public profile with the new profile page. I have spent considerable time getting our public profile to display information that we think is important/cool to display. I can go into settings and add the information, but it only displays on the old page. Some of it is neccesary to prove you qualify for some challenge caches. Now there is just a generic uneditable profile diplayed.

It appears that there is no way to edit and customize your public profile with the new profile page. I have spent considerable time getting our public profile to display information that we think is important/cool to display. I can go into settings and add the information, but it only displays on the old page. Some of it is neccesary to prove you qualify for some challenge caches. Now there is just a generic uneditable profile diplayed.

Edit your custom profile in the "Bio" box in Settings. I see yours in "About" in your public profile. I was able to edit my Bio just now. Seems OK, but the edit box is tiny.

Edited by kunarion

Hi

I can see it and I made changes in it. But the Public Information is still empty when I open it in Microsoft Edge.

It seems that there is an issue with Microsoft Edge because I try to lokk at it with Firefox and everything appears.

Regards

1 hour ago, Fab6807 said:

Hi

I can see it and I made changes in it. But the Public Information is still empty when I open it in Microsoft Edge.

It seems that there is an issue with Microsoft Edge because I try to lokk at it with Firefox and everything appears.

Regards

I just tried looking at your profile in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome.  I was able to see your content in all three browsers.  What do you see in Edge when you look at your public profile, are you seeing a blank space or anything there?

10 hours ago, Fab6807 said:

Hi

Regards

I saw another cacher report a similar issue, so maybe it's an issue of viewing your own public profile.

Do you see different things if you click  https://www.geocaching.com/p/default.aspx  vs  https://www.geocaching.com/p/default.aspx?u=Fab6807

When clicking on "View Profile" from your Dashboard, then you'll get the 1st link, but when I click on your profile then I get the 2nd link.  Maybe there is some type of bug with the 1st link, although I'm not sure why there would be