Updated cache list - Garmin 64s

zekemo

Greetings! I have been using my Garmin 64s to goecache for about a year now and have been using the preloaded cache list that came with it. My question is how to update the list if possible? I travel somewhat frequently and like having a large amount of caches in my device. Is there a large .ggz file out there with up to date caches? Thanks in advance for your time.

Greetings! I have been using my Garmin 64s to goecache for about a year now and have been using the preloaded cache list that came with it. My question is how to update the list if possible? I travel somewhat frequently and like having a large amount of caches in my device. Is there a large .ggz file out there with up to date caches? Thanks in advance for your time.

I have not seen any GGZ updates. If you want to update it yourself, GSAK has a Garmin Export macro with an option to save to GGZ. You could run pocket queries and add the new data to the existing GGZ, edit out the archived caches, etc.

Personally, I think it would be a lot easier to just run a pocket query of an area before you travel there, and you'd have much more up to date information. I got a little frustrated with that when I got my 64s. I found that too many of the listings were disabled or archived by the time I had bought it.

I have not seen any GGZ updates. If you want to update it yourself, GSAK has a Garmin Export macro with an option to save to GGZ. You could run pocket queries and add the new data to the existing GGZ, edit out the archived caches, etc.

Personally, I think it would be a lot easier to just run a pocket query of an area before you travel there, and you'd have much more up to date information. I got a little frustrated with that when I got my 64s. I found that too many of the listings were disabled or archived by the time I had bought it.

The OP is not a Premium Member, so pocket queries are not an option.

B.

Thanks all for the reply. I was a little disappointed in the out-of-date cache locations and comments (Most recent is usually 2015). I was considering getting a membership just for the pocket queries. I think 10k a day for a location I an expecting to travel is pretty great actually. Do the locations ever expire? Say I download them with a three month membership and the cancel? Thanks again for the replies.

Do the locations ever expire? Say I download them with a three month membership and the cancel? Thanks again for the replies.

The reason gps units with pre-loaded caches are not helpful is because caches are constantly being archived. New ones are constantly being published. A gps with old data is of no use, and is sucking up valuable memory on the gps.

You could pay for a 3-month PM, download the maximum caches using pq's, but those pq's would need to be re-run eventually. Same reason: archivals and new placements constantly happening.

In reality, how many caches can you find in a day? It would be much better to pick and choose caches, put them in bookmark lists, then run pq's on those bookmark lists. Once you're finished with that area and its caches, you can delete the bookmark list, the pq, and the cache data off your gps.

B.