FTF TV EP2

CSavvy

I have got what others have lablled as a "hybrid" accent. Part british, part Aussie. Depending where your from, some places call it a cache (kaysh) or a cache (cash)....I find I say both. But both ways mean the same thing....a cache! Either way, we all share the same passion for Geocaching :)

PS thanks for all your kind comments! I am so happy you like FTF TV :)

Edited by CSavvy

In the spirit of sharing knowledge through the medium of video -

I'm not sure we do all share the same passion for Geocaching.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but my passion is for actually getting out there doing it - rather than watching online videos of other people doing it.

Does this video above mean I've been pronouncing cache correctly all these years, and the Canadians are wrong? :laughing:

That sentiment (I'd rather go out Geocaching than watch other people doing it on video) comes up quite a bit in threads on the subject, and I assume most Geocaching Vloggers out there know their videos aren't for everybody. On the other hand, Geocaching Vlogging has gotten increasingly popular over the past few years, and has come to be accepted by The Frog. We needn't remind anyone the late Sven was originally banned by Geocaching.com for posting spoilers online. :o

Obviously Team Microdot, You have no idea that stuff is not all about money. I probably make $1 on those videos....wow! big bucks! There is however a thing called passion, and it is this that drives me in gecoaching and making these vlogs. Plus the time it takes to put together one of those videos takes a lot of time. For one episode your looking at about two days worth of work and video rendering to make a single vlog with all the location shooting, green screen stuff with hosting's and graphics. But if you do not appreciate all of that effort, then just don't watch them and keep your negitive comments to yourself and go back into hiding under your fake geocaching rock that you came from, ;b

However, to the people that do like them, A big and warm thank you for all of your support. It means so much to me :)

Obviously Team Microdot, You have no idea that stuff is not all about money. I probably make $1 on those videos....wow! big bucks! There is however a thing called passion, and it is this that drives me in gecoaching and making these vlogs. Plus the time it takes to put together one of those videos takes a lot of time. For one episode your looking at about two days worth of work and video rendering to make a single vlog with all the location shooting, green screen stuff with hosting's and graphics. But if you do not appreciate all of that effort, then just don't watch them and keep your negitive comments to yourself and go back into hiding under your fake geocaching rock that you came from, ;b

However, to the people that do like them, A big and warm thank you for all of your support. It means so much to me :)

Ha! I'm going to subscribe just to hear you say "kaysh". :P

Eh, some people think these forums can be a nasty place, but not liking Geocaching videos is a somewhat common sentiment. I don't have any percentages or anything, but they're certainly not universally adored by anyone who has ever geocached. And I think there's still a little bit of a backlash out there because the first guy to Vlog caused quite a stir with spoilers.

And of course none of these detractors are going to comment on YouTube. Hear you have pro and con. Indicative of the Geocaching community. See, not a nasty place at all. :D

Apologies for not replying to your rather spirited response earlier - I've been out caching :laughing:

I am aware of the thing called passion - and as stated earlier I am certain that we don't all share the same passion.

Two days sounds like a long time to put together a short video of yourself finding a cache. I reckon with modern smartphone technology it wouldn't be too difficult to trim that right down to, say, an hour or two at most - although I have to admit I don't have access to fancy green-screen technology or any idea of how long that might add to the rendering process.

Sadly I don't own a fake rock big enough to hide under :( The fake rocks I have made took about a week to make - although in real terms i.e. active man-hours it's probably about three or four hours. If I did have a fake rock that big, that would make a really cool cache - unless someone put a video of it on Youtube and spoiled it :(

I will take up your suggestion to not watch your videos in future. Good luck with them :)