How to get rid of "Play Anywhere" on Wherigo.com (used Earwigo to create)

marcelteun

Hi,

I created the following Wherigo module with help of earwigo: http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=a733e641-19c8-4996-9788-dbe2c30e5997

However the cartridge is specified as being a play-anywhere. If I remove the check from "This cartridge can be played anywhere." (under Edit Details) and save it, it will just come back as being checked. At "This cartridge can be played anywhere." there is no field to fill in any coordinates. I tried different Browsers (Chrome and I.E.) but it's all the same.

I found this thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=302050

with the comment: "A cartridge is recognized as a play anywhere cartridge by the cartridge object's StartingLocation attribute being set to Wherigo.INVALID_ZONEPOINT."

I checked my gwz file by regenerating it from earwigo. Preferably I would like to check this in the file I uploaded to Wherigo.com, but I don't see how I can reach that. After unzipping the gwz file I noticed:

cartTrollkarlensElixir.StartingLocation = ZonePoint(55.8493594993562,13.65294277668,0)

I am not sure what the 3rd parameter is supposed to be (height?) but that seems to be correct anyway.

Anyone any ideas what might be wrong?

Edited by marcelteun

Since you said that you are trying to get rid of the PlayAnywhere attribute, it looks to me like you succeeded, and you have starting coordinates in a parking lot off of Komministergatan next to some ball fields. Congratulations?

??

Where do you see that? I don't see this data on Wherigo.com myself,... ??

I see: "Location: n/a"

I played around with Groundspeak's site. I think it was supposed to display the location information when you cleared the play anywhere check box. Since it doesn't, you can't switch it from play anywhere. It got like this at first, I think, because your cartridge's source code defined its starting location as play anywhere. I tried uploading a new play anywhere cartridge, then tried to upload a new GWZ version that uses defined coordinates. The site does not pick up on this. So, the only option left for you is to start the cartridge upload process again and just use that second listing.

This does give me an idea for the Wherigo Foundation site as I don't think I even give you a choice to define starting coordinates for a play anywhere cartridge. Really, though, I don't give you the option of editing your listing's coordinates because I just extract them from the GWZ file. However--and this is the important part--I don't ever update those coordinates when you upload a new version of your cartridge or restore a previous version. I'll have to add something for that, then.

If I can't even persuade Groundspeak to fix the completion code, I doubt you'll see a fix for this more involved problem.

I played around with Groundspeak's site. I think it was supposed to display the location information when you cleared the play anywhere check box. Since it doesn't, you can't switch it from play anywhere. It got like this at first, I think, because your cartridge's source code defined its starting location as play anywhere. I tried uploading a new play anywhere cartridge, then tried to upload a new GWZ version that uses defined coordinates. The site does not pick up on this. So, the only option left for you is to start the cartridge upload process again and just use that second listing.

If I can't even persuade Groundspeak to fix the completion code, I doubt you'll see a fix for this more involved problem.

Hi Ranger Fox. I guess I will leave this the way it is, since by now I have 2 completions. I will make a remark about this in the text. It is not a big problem and while looking at other modules, I noticed that many other have it like this. I will double check before uploading my next Wherigo cartridge next time. Thanks for your answer, and thanks for testing this.