Souveniers

I would like to know how you obtain a souvenier? We have to date:- the UK one and two of the August Seven. We have done Geocaching in Crete, should we not have a "Greece" souvenier?

Thanks in advance

You just get given the souvenir automatically if you do a cache which qualifies you for the souvenir. Only few countries have their own souvenir and Greece isn't one of them.

There's a complete list somewhere, I'll post back if I find it.

and here it is:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=436

Edited by MartyBartfast

Ireland has 5 souvenirs. The 4 "territories" plus an extra one for Dublin.

My understading is that it started off being individual states in each country (hence the first countries to get them: USA, Canada, Germany, Ireland, a few others). They didn't pick those countries at HQ, those were just the first countries where geocaches were hidden (hence an unintentional North America bias, just because that's where geocaching started). It was then getting to be too big a strain on the servers at the time, so they decided to switch to one souvenir per country from that point onwards.

They then were planning to release all the countries, but they got a lot of complaints about a souvenir from a European country that shall remain nameless, and were asked to stop doing them. So they did.

They are now looking at an alternative way of doing them.

All of the above may be wrong, but that's what I was told... :)

:antenna: