Garmin Communicator/Firefox

GrateBear

What is it with Firefox blocking Garmin Communicator? Every time I try to download a cache to my GPS, I get the message "This page requires the Garmin Communicator Plugin, but the plugin is being blocked by your web browser", with the browser being Firefox. So, I have to switch over to Safari to do the download (I refuse to use Safari for anything else as I always get the ad for MacKeeper, plus endless pop-up ads). Even then, I can't find GC in the application list.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I just clicked on the link to Garmin Communicator that splashy provided, and I was informed that there was a new version, 4.2.0.0. I installed the new version (after telling Firefox 33.0 that it was safe), then successfully used the "Send to My GPS" function to download a cache to my Oregon 650.

I rarely use the "Send to GPS" method, so the new version might have been available for awhile and I simply wasn't aware of it.

GrateBear, do you have 4.2.0.0 installed? If not, it might be worth a try. If that doesn't work, check your Firefox security settings. It works for me, anyway.

--Larry

I just clicked on the link to Garmin Communicator that splashy provided, and I was informed that there was a new version, 4.2.0.0. I installed the new version (after telling Firefox 33.0 that it was safe), then successfully used the "Send to My GPS" function to download a cache to my Oregon 650.

I rarely use the "Send to GPS" method, so the new version might have been available for awhile and I simply wasn't aware of it.

GrateBear, do you have 4.2.0.0 installed? If not, it might be worth a try. If that doesn't work, check your Firefox security settings. It works for me, anyway.

--Larry

I'll check that out. I don't use the "send to GPS" very often, either, but it would be nice to have it work when I need it.