magellan comunicater

dallasmoose

I have the same problem...have installed and un-installed Magellan Communicator 4-5 times today, and Geocaching site continues to indicate "Communicator not found" when I attempt to download caches to my GPS. I was able to do all of this previously when I first started Geocaching in 2012, but now with new computer and same GPS as before it is non-functioning.

Does anyone have any advice or work arounds for this issue?

Using Windows 7 Professional.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Search for 'Garmin Communicator' on this forum. The Magellan Communicator is the same kind and is blocked by most browsers.

Perhaps the IE solution will also work for the Magellan: add www.geocaching.com to the trusted sites and PERHAPS it will work in Internet Explorer.

Search for 'Garmin Communicator' on this forum. The Magellan Communicator is the same kind and is blocked by most browsers.

Perhaps the IE solution will also work for the Magellan: add www.geocaching.com to the trusted sites and PERHAPS it will work in Internet Explorer.

Thank you for reply...I use Chrome browser exclusively, but will try IE to see if that works.

EDIT: Installed IE and tried visiting Geocaching site and using Magellan Communicator via IE rather than Chrome...same results, even after adding the Geocaching site to IE's "trusted sites' list.

So since the Communicator/"Download to My GPS" option seems to be worthless now, the only alternative is to manually enter coordinates into my GPS, or am I missing something? I use a Magellan eXplorist 110.

Edited by BsrlinMAZ

Thank you for reply...I use Chrome browser exclusively, but will try IE to see if that works.

EDIT: Installed IE and tried visiting Geocaching site and using Magellan Communicator via IE rather than Chrome...same results, even after adding the Geocaching site to IE's "trusted sites' list.

So since the Communicator/"Download to My GPS" option seems to be worthless now, the only alternative is to manually enter coordinates into my GPS, or am I missing something? I use a Magellan eXplorist 110.

I just bought a slightly used Explorist GC from a guy at work who bought it a few years ago and then promptly quit caching. I also use chrome and have the same problem with not being able to send to GPS. I dowloaded the GPX file and was able to cut and paste it into the "geocaches" folder in the magellan. That seems pretty cumbersome but it worked.

I'm going to continue looking for a better solution. Hope that helps you somewhat.

Edited by macandcheese75