Tsun Hummingbird Geocoin

tsunrisebey

Just getting a thread started for the Hummingbirds and discussion/pics. Almost everyone has seen these prior to them becoming trackable. Anyhow, they are trackable and were finally made available at GCF Houston. I will work on getting some extras up by the weekend. Icon was already submitted to GS.

1.75" x 3mm, red gem on each side (eye).

Hummingbirds are unique due to the fact that they are a dual purpose design. So if you are looking for minting numbers, it won't be possible to say how many of each version became trackable. I can tell you what I do know, the Friendship edition (not posted yet) had 200 made, 100 of the were given to Sepp and Berta and sold at GCF, ULM, Germany. I had the other 100. I am holding some back to use outside of geocoins (20), so that makes 180 Friendship versions that are trackable. I ordered a total of 300 tracking numbers for the Hummingbirds (100 of them went to Germany as the Friendship edition.

Interesting bit of trivia, if you bought a Friendship edition Hummingbird in Ulm, Germany and you bought one in the Houston, TX, you can tell which version you have :) The ULM, Friendship edition Hummingbirds have a Satin Silver finish on their trackable tags- they match the satin silver plating of the Hummingbird. The US version has nickel plating tags.

I will answer questions when I can.

As always, thank you for the support. tsun

016a_1024x1024.jpg?v=1413673266

013_copy_1024x1024.jpg?v=1413673266

Edited by tsunrisebey

Did you have the red/white ones at GCF Tsun? I guess I missed that one.

CF30

I believe I only had a few nickel plated ones and those sold out fast. I didn't bring many Hummingbirds with me. I brought about 10 of each version. They will all be up for sale soon. I do need to place a new order though for tags and Hummingbirds.

Did you have the red/white ones at GCF Tsun? I guess I missed that one.

CF30

I believe I only had a few nickel plated ones and those sold out fast. I didn't bring many Hummingbirds with me. I brought about 10 of each version. They will all be up for sale soon. I do need to place a new order though for tags and Hummingbirds.

I could buy the Friendship Hummingbird at Ulm :-).