Need a recommendation for an upgrade from Triton 400 GPS

Currently, I have the Triton 400 GPS which suits me fine but has a few quirks. The main problems are lack of compass (you need to move to get the reading) and inability to read cache size from the Pocket Query file when loading using Vantage Point. I know that there is a workaround for that but I do not want to use third party app or do an extra step when loading caches.

So I am looking for replacement and need your input. What I need in the new GPS is:

1. Paperless geocaching

2. Regular USB connection (not some proprietary cable like Triton)

3. Compass when in stationary mode

4. Not too big as I use the GPS on the bike as well

My budget is up to $250.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Thanks again for replying. It looks like Oregon 450 is discontinued (so it is the GPSmap 632 as the new 64 series came out). I do like the buttons so I am leaning toward the 62s. Oregon 450 is nice but considering my cache find stats, I do not need to go with such a GPS. I just want to switch to paperless caching and regular USB2 connection. I read somewhere that Dakota 20 has USB 1.1 which would be a deal breaker. Not sure if that's true though as the specs are not very detailed.

Etrex 30 also fits the bill and comes in a bit cheaper than the 62s. I use mine on the bike too.

Etrex 30 is fine but I just do not like the buttons on the side. Kinda got used to the buttons on the front face. IMO they are easier to use when on the bike.

The cheapest 62s I found was $190 (refurb). Dakota 20 is $130. Also refurb.

Just wanted to update that I have decided to go with Dakota 20. I have checked the 62s at the local REI but it was jut too big. I needed something smaller than that for my occasional biking and hiking. They also had Oregon 450 on sale but again it was a bit bulky. The Dakota 20 that has arrived yesterday is pretty much perfect size for my needs. The screen resolution could be a bit better but that's the only con. Other than that, it looks like Dakota is going to suit me well.

Thanks again for all the replies and recommendations.