Just found this in the terms of service

Philman

The terms of service say that nobody under 13 can use Groundspeak's "services", even though I see a lot of young kids geocaching. So, people under 13 can't geocache? :blink:

Not quite. Peoe under 13 can't use this website. What they do that's not on the website is non of Groundspeak's business. The eebsite and the activity are different things, this is just a listing service. And I thought it actually smincluded "without supervision" mean if mom and dad are there it's OK.

The age thing is actually common for websites of all types.

The terms of service say that nobody under 13 can use Groundspeak's "services", even though I see a lot of young kids geocaching. So, people under 13 can't geocache? :blink:

Terms of Use Agreement

http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx

C. Minors. Our services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use our services. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13, you may only use our services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by this Agreement.

Websites have had some variation of this since 2000. See Touchstone's post re: COPPA.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol