placing my first cache?

Beccashusband

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this an not sure if i am posting in the right location so forgive me if its wrong.Have been caching for about two weeks an only have 40 finds but would like to place a cache.I have not seen one like this but am sure it has been done before but would appreciate a more experienced cacher looking at it before i place it.Is there a group around Ft Campbell that might be able to assist me?

Might want to read this page Markwells FAQ and click on item 19. I don't agree totally with comparing it to other caches. That is assuming that they got it right. Read the guidelines.

I get quite a few caches where I scratch my head about D/T ratings since they are way off. A little leeway is to be expected. And as to the size everybody seems to make it one to high. A great many micros are listed as small.

Edited by Walts Hunting

the container itself is small but it is contained inside of a larger camoflauge

From the help centre

Sizes

micro: Less than 100ml. Examples: a 35 mm film canister or smaller, typically containing only a logbook or a logsheet. A nano cache is a common sub-type of a micro cache that is less than 10ml and can only hold a small logsheet.

small: 100ml or larger, but less than 1L. Example: A sandwich-sized plastic container or similar. Holds only a small logbook and small items.

regular: 1L or larger, but less than 20L. Examples: a plastic container or ammo can about the size of a shoebox.

large: 20L or larger. Example: A large bucket.e.g. 5-gallon bucket (about 20 liters)

other: See the cache description for information. Unusual geocache containers that just don't fit into other categories. Example: a magnetic strip.

It's nice when the small container can hold at least one geocoin or a small travelbug, i.e. the neck of the container is large enough that you can pass a coin through it and the size of the inner container is also big enough to hold a travelbug tag attached to something small.

A geocoin typically has a diameter of 1.5 inches (38 mm) to 2 inches (51 mm). Travelbug tags about 2" x 1.75".

For example, if you're hiding a matchstick container in a log, you would choose micro. The container is not meant to hold swag or trackables. Or you could choose "Other" if you don't want to give away that the container is hidden in a clever disguise.

Just a note: make sure you don't destroy other people's property when placing your cache. This probably also includes a nail in a tree. If it's your own tree keep in mind that people copy what they see, and then probably at a location which belongs to someone else.