Easiest way to identify FTF?

imnotpaul

Stupid question. I see a lot of FTF and some people seem to make it their mission to find new caches. Is it just that they have found all the caches in their particular area and pay attention to the map for new caches to appear or am I missing a filter on the search map? I think it was the former but wanted to just get some input.

Stupid question. I see a lot of FTF and some people seem to make it their mission to find new caches. Is it just that they have found all the caches in their particular area and pay attention to the map for new caches to appear or am I missing a filter on the search map? I think it was the former but wanted to just get some input.

Just set notifications for distance "x" from your home and cachetype "Y". You'll get an email when a new cache is published so you can dorp everything and rush out the door immediately. :blink:

Just set notifications for distance "x" from your home and cachetype "Y". You'll get an email when a new cache is published so you can dorp everything and rush out the door immediately. :blink:

The adrenaline rush is like nothing else! :rolleyes:

You can also search by sorting by last date found (blank for new caches) under the classic search option. More cumbersome, but it got me my first FTF.

The adrenaline rush is like nothing else! :rolleyes:

You can also search by sorting by last date found (blank for new caches) under the classic search option. More cumbersome, but it got me my first FTF.

Pffft... won't work here. Anything more than 15 minutes after publishing and you're too late.

I don't care for FTF's, even got a few caches a few 100m from here I still haven't gone after months after publishing (even passed them often).

How do we set notifications? I have looked at the geocaching website and I don't see an option even on the app.

How do we set notifications? I have looked at the geocaching website and I don't see an option even on the app.

No idea about the app...

On the website: Notifications.

No idea about the app...

On the website: Notifications.

You rock!