Creating a Geocache for a birthday!

I've seen birthday geocaches, but the cache itself had nothing to do with birthday, only the listing was related to the theme.

To be ablee to help you, I'd like to ask if you could provide more details: What size are you thinking about? Is it a urban geocache? Do you pretend it to be a gadget cache or a regular cache with a B-day theme?

Edited by HCompleto

How about a cache painted like a birthday cake? Not to be an arse, but you have no caching history, so why is it important to you? If you're really going to geocache, and even upkeep it, then go ahead, but if your just going to place it and forget about it then don't even bother, as it will just turn into trash. I could even understand if your son like geocaching, but he's only turning one year old. Perhaps if you say why you want to do it, someone here can help come up with something more of what you're thinking.

Keep in mind, and I only mention this because you're new among our ranks and may not know, a cache has a 'permanence' requirement. You can't get a cache approved for, for example, a birthday unless you intend to maintain it and keep it alive for at least three months.

(Of course, the same can be said for the birthday boy, but I digress...)

Most everyone would agree that even a three-month cache is kinda hokey. Otherwise, there would be MILLIONS of short-term one-day/weekend caches listed, and most people would not go out and clean them out of the woods or from under the LPS's. (If you don't yet know what a LP cache is, I'm not gonna tell you.) Think Land Managers don't like us now?

So you can put one out for the big event, but only do so if you're willing to commit to it for the long haul.

Think about it; when he's ten, you can let him go find HIS cache, dedicated to him on his first birthday. Very cool, actually.