Wanting to get involved!

tfmcdaniel1969

My son used to love this. I've never really gotten involved but I have been looking into it again and would love to find a like minded (bored, lonely?) person that may be interested as well. Plan a day, pack a lunch and go on a local weekly adventure? I need a hobby and what better than this to get outdoors, use intellect and reason, get some sun and exercise and just have a fun exploratory day out? I'm looking for someone who can cut through the learning curve and show me? Are there any groups or persons in the Gainesville area that do this?

My son used to love this. I've never really gotten involved but I have been looking into it again and would love to find a like minded (bored, lonely?) person that may be interested as well. Plan a day, pack a lunch and go on a local weekly adventure? I need a hobby and what better than this to get outdoors, use intellect and reason, get some sun and exercise and just have a fun exploratory day out? I'm looking for someone who can cut through the learning curve and show me? Are there any groups or persons in the Gainesville area that do this?

As mentioned above, look for local events on the map. You can filter out which cache icons to each for near you. Also, you may want to see if your area has a yahoo group or Facebook group. That way, it is easier to stay in contact with other local cachers. I know for my area in Orange County, CA, we have about 5 different Facebook groups and a Yahoo group. Welcome back to geocaching!