Windows program with clickable D/T, Calendar and Jasmer grids

When attempting to fill in my D/T grid, I found myself wanting to "browse" through my grid and see how I had satisfied previous combinations. Like how and when did I get that 4/2???

So I wrote a windows program (sorry mac folks) that generates a CLICKABLE Difficulty/Terrain rating grid. Clicking on a square gives you a list of all caches found with that DT rating, (each with a link to its page, etc.).

Click on the "Calendar" button for a clickable calendar as well. Click on day for a list of your finds on that date, through the years. At someone's suggestion, I added Jasmer as well.

The program an installation instructions are here: https://github.com/mmendelson222/geocaching-fizzy. The software is free. After you click on the link (which should now work), scroll down for installation instructions and more.

Finally, if anyone has suggestions for other ways to get the word out on this, let me know.

fizzy.png

Edited by snerdwing

When attempting to fill in my D/T grid, I found myself wanting to "browse" through my grid and see how I had satisfied previous combinations. Like how and when did I get that 4/2???

So I wrote a windows program (sorry mac folks) that generates a CLICKABLE Difficulty/Terrain rating grid. Clicking on a square gives you a list of all caches found with that DT rating, (each with a link to its page, etc.).

Click on the "Calendar" button for a clickable calendar as well. Click on day for a list of your finds on that date, through the years. At someone's suggestion, I added Jasmer as well.

The program an installation instructions are here: https://github.com/mmendelson222/geocaching-fizzy The software is free.

Finally, if anyone has suggestions for other ways to get the word out on this, let me know.

fizzy.png

It's best not to mess around with url's. Just post them and let the forum software do its thing.

This link should work:

https://github.com/mmendelson222/geocaching-fizzy

If you want to play with changing the link to text, then you use the "url" function:

Git Hub

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

barefootguru, thanks for trying out the program.

But my app does a lot more than just the D/T matrix. There are 4 different ways to view your data (D/T, calendar, Jasmer and by co), and all of them can be filtered by type and the year found. What I like the best is that you can drill down, see the actual caches that make up each statistic, and see the actual logs for those finds!

I have used project-gc a few times, but don't have a premium account. Maybe it can do all that. I'll have to dig a little deeper.

The project-gc map is great - I have used that, but I don't plan to integrate maps (or any kind of live search) into this.

Edited by snerdwing