Reviewers/Approvers of Gibraltar

HJGT

Hi

This might just be me....

But here I DK it is good form to respond to mails from cachers, or a Maintain on one of your caches.

I'm going to Gibraltar for work. I'm just guessing that Gibraltar is under the UK.

I have contacted several cache owners in GIB, because I would love to get my last 12 fixes ;-) Before I lose my bosses approval to work there.

The thing is:

- GC4YN6F, asked CO if the cache is still avaliable based on to latest 2 logs.

- GC428GA, asked CO and made a need archived

- GC4K9AA, asked CO if the cache is avaliable based on several logs, one could fear the ones who found it just logged it (Bad me for thinking such evil of fellow cachers)

Is it just me? Or could I expect a response? Shouldn't the reviewer be looking into GC428GA, that has been lost for so long and has had a need maintennance since May!

J;-)

Log a needs maintenance, put each cache on your wait list, maybe look for the caches based on logs, if no response in a few months on he cache page from the owner then log a Needs Archive and a reveiwer will take care of it.

Depending on the reveiwer they may periodically do sweeps looking for long disabled caches, I logged a Needs Archived on a cache a month or so ago and no response from either the owner or a reveiwer.

Log a needs maintenance, put each cache on your wait list, maybe look for the caches based on logs, if no response in a few months on he cache page from the owner then log a Needs Archive and a reveiwer will take care of it.

Depending on the reveiwer they may periodically do sweeps looking for long disabled caches, I logged a Needs Archived on a cache a month or so ago and no response from either the owner or a reveiwer.

Just the way I did it along with others:

DNF (ej fundet) 23-08-2014 af TKK CREW

Needs Archived 12-08-2014 af HJGT

No one has been able to find this since April should it be archived?

DNF (ej fundet) 28-07-2014 af SOUSHI.29

DNF (ej fundet) 14-07-2014 af Gazzaand Ferte

DNF (ej fundet) 12-07-2014 af Kikuchis

DNF (ej fundet) 11-07-2014 af julesv8

Needs Maintenance 23-05-2014 af Andy73ono

DNF (ej fundet) 02-05-2014 af lapu81

DNF (ej fundet) 02-05-2014 af southwick6

DNF (ej fundet) 17-04-2014 af Diver4ever

DNF (ej fundet) 06-04-2014 af Mctgib

DNF (ej fundet) 06-04-2014 af Dolphin62

DNF (ej fundet) 04-04-2014 af Chape&Myflyyy

My thinking was that it was a slow responce from reviewer, but maybe it's very normal!

I do belive they are quicker in DK, but then again, maybe the workload is smaller. ;-)

J;-)

You shouldn't be logging anything at all unless you actually attempt the cache yourself. I picked one of your links at random GC4K9AA and found that it does get found but not often. This implies a tricky hide. So it needs nothing "doing" to it. Just being looked for. If you cannot find it DNF it.

You cannot apply a catchall rule to all caches. So many variables come into play. "6 pairs of eyes searching" is an idiotic statement to make to justify a claim a cache needs looking at. In reality it was probably one person looking in a small space while the other two gaped at them looking.

It is a game for you. The ratings for the cache come into play. Previous dnf's come into play. Your ability to find caches comes into play. I mean your find count is roughly 1500 finds. Sounds good on the face of it unless your DNF count is the same. Then you don't look such a good cacher. Same with caches. 10 dnf's don't make a missing cache. Just because the last find was a year ago does not make it missing.

Attempt a cache before you decide what needs doing. Don't be a cache policeman you'll just get up everyone's nose.

http://coord.info/GC428GA

Last searcher couldn't find - 20 finds to date - "grandad found it before". Caches move hides get changed.

Your needs Archived - no DNF from you so you've never attempted it.

No luck for us - 844 finds

No luck - 111 finds

An authoritative "it needs to be repaired!!!" - yet no DNF or find for this person so how would they know.

Didn't understand the name of the geocache - 106 finds

Looked everywhere - 122 finds

Searched for a while - 857 finds

Sad face - 42 finds

Nope - 59 finds

Again nope - 1114 finds

Then we get finds prior to this. Two people on the same day. One with 7 finds and another with 200 odd finds. But we're in April now. Prior to them it was actually some cachers we know with high find counts. They NEVER give up. Well hardly ever. It would suggest to me that the people who found it last (7 hides and 200 odd hides) may have cached together and rehid it well). But I couldn't know for certain. Just at a guess. But I wouldn't dream of logging a needs archived on it. That's just a joke. Especially if I've never even been to it.

http://coord.info/GC428GA

Last searcher couldn't find - 20 finds to date - "grandad found it before". Caches move hides get changed.

Your needs Archived - no DNF from you so you've never attempted it.

No luck for us - 844 finds

No luck - 111 finds

An authoritative "it needs to be repaired!!!" - yet no DNF or find for this person so how would they know.

Didn't understand the name of the geocache - 106 finds

Looked everywhere - 122 finds

Searched for a while - 857 finds

Sad face - 42 finds

Nope - 59 finds

Again nope - 1114 finds

Then we get finds prior to this. Two people on the same day. One with 7 finds and another with 200 odd finds. But we're in April now. Prior to them it was actually some cachers we know with high find counts. They NEVER give up. Well hardly ever. It would suggest to me that the people who found it last (7 hides and 200 odd hides) may have cached together and rehid it well). But I couldn't know for certain. Just at a guess. But I wouldn't dream of logging a needs archived on it. That's just a joke. Especially if I've never even been to it.

Archived 25/9.