name for upcoming geocoin wanted.

ernies

below you can see the design (not final) of an upcoming 2" geocoin which is basically made of circles only. it comes close to the dahlia flower, however i'd prefer another name than "dahlia geocoin". usually i am not lost for words and names, but this time it's different.

so i ask you if you have an idea that comes more or less close to the design. it can also be something completely fancy, like "floccinaucinihilipilification".

the one who posts the idea of a name that i will eventually pick will get one of these coins (once they are ready, don't expect this coin to be out before november!). if no name appeals to me, i will raffle away one amongst all who contributed.

conditions: 1) post you ideas in this thread. 2) name must not be in use yet (for all existing geocoins, see http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoinslistall.aspx) and not be suggested in this thread yet.

thank you.

2654_dahlia.jpg

Edited by ernies

beautiful design!!!

I like the middle one a lot!!!

I have some names in my mind...

the link you gave is not working for me! :) I do not know why....

anyway... here is a small try...

1) Mystic kaledoscope

2) Geo-metric flower coin

3) The cachers mind geocoin

4) The Edelweiss kaledoscope!

5) The swiss mind (or swiss Point of view)! :D

6) swiss art blossom

Well.. I am sure I will find some more to post... :);)

nice coins ernie. they remind me of that childhood toy the spirograph.

so how about......

spirocache or spirocoin

Spirograph!!! What a beautiful greek word!!! :)

With this inspiration....

how about the "Spirographic edelweiss"???

BTW... Am I the only one who see an edelweiss in the center of the coin??? ;)

Edited by GATOULIS

too many good names! i think i have to draw more stuff in order to give all those names a coin.

@ geoquino: yes, the sahasrara coin is pretty close to this one. however, this one is based purely on circles, whereas the sahasrara is based on ovals.

Edited by ernies

Cyclical Psychedelic Circle being the large outer circle

or

Cyclical Psychedelic Circles being all the circles within the circle

and it's a little tongue twister, so it not ONLY twists your brain........... :laughing:

cyclical definition - Something that happens periodically, i.e. on a regular basis.

I know its more of an investor term, but it fits in a way..... :(

Edited by isjustus4

Made me think of the Spirograph child's toy as well. Like the Kaleidoscope thought too. Also thought of the 3D Magic Eye images. They kind of look like an eye with the pupil in the center. Here are a few suggestions.

1) SpiroKaleidoGraphiScope

2) Magic Spiro Eye

3) Spiroeyes

4) Kaleidoeyes

5) Kaleidoscopic Eye (or Eyes, plural)

These are just my thoughts, but cool coin design and concept. What will the reverse side look like?

More suggestions:

Circular Motion

Also, I am a glassblower so here's one for ya :laughing:

Ratticello

Ratticello: (Italian) One of the hardest patterns to achieve in glass, this technique requires a skilled artist with a steady hand. Parallel lines of color are first melted and twisted into a vessel. The artist then re-opens the vessel and melts in another set of parallel lines. The second set of lines is twisted in the opposite direction leaving a cross-spiral design embedded in the glass.

Raticello.jpg

:(

More suggestions:

Circular Motion

Also, I am a glassblower so here's one for ya :laughing:

Ratticello

Ratticello: (Italian) One of the hardest patterns to achieve in glass, this technique requires a skilled artist with a steady hand. Parallel lines of color are first melted and twisted into a vessel. The artist then re-opens the vessel and melts in another set of parallel lines. The second set of lines is twisted in the opposite direction leaving a cross-spiral design embedded in the glass.

Raticello.jpg

:(

wow did you make that peice, wheres my marbles? its beautiful, i love glass blowing and used to love going to the caithness glass factory to watch the men making the glass items. i love glass art.

i like this idea of this thread,, ive been sitting on a design for awhile due to not knowing what to call it .. hope you dont mind if i steal the idea behind this thread in the neer future?

that's exactly what forums are all about.

just go ahead and let me participate, too ...

Merging some of the other ideas:

Kaleidograph Geocoin - mix of kaleidoscope and spirograph

Recursion Geocoin - like in software programming when a piece of code calls itself multiple times

Convolution Geocoin - in calculus, convolution involves (sort of) rolling one function across another