Purchasing Codes to create your own Cache

Aubie226

Hi,

Ok so I am kinda new to the world of Geocaching, but have really been looking into placing a few caches of my own. I have googled, looked on the geocache website and have asked some other geocachers, but have not been able to find the answer I need. I know you can order trackables and such, but I was wondering if there is a way to just order cache codes or do you have to purchase like geocoins and use their codes. Again I have looked on the website and found the quiz on placing a cache but no luck with how to get the codes.

Thank you all in advance for your help,

Aubie226

Geocaches stay at a fixed point (with a small number of exceptions). Trackables travel from cache to cache. They are two different things.

You can purchase a batch of tracking codes to include on your Trackable, but I believe you have to show Groundspeak the object or design you have in mind, to make sure that it is consistent with the Terms of Use of the website.

As pointed out earlier, to submit a Geocache on the website, you don't need to purchase anything from Grounspeak.

thank you soooo much I guess I just thought since there were trackable and such you buy you had a purchase codes for geocaches.

You don't purchase codes.

You just go here and select "create new geocache" or "...event" the GC code is automatically provided when you start. All free. I don't know where you got the idea that you had to pay for it....

thank you soooo much I guess I just thought since there were trackable and such you buy you had a purchase codes for geocaches.

You don't purchase codes.

You just go here and select "create new geocache" or "...event" the GC code is automatically provided when you start. All free. I don't know where you got the idea that you had to pay for it....

Geocaches and trackables are two entirely and different things. You can place a cache without knowing anything about trackables.