Oregon 600 Geocaching Help

I have been caching since 2003 with my awesome Garmin Etrex Vista, but I just purchased the Oregon 600 as an upgrade during the REI sale, and I have never had a GPSer that I could download "paperless" caches to before. I downloaded all the ones I wanted near my favorites spots via the Garmin Communicator plugin in Chrome with no problem and they all show up just fine on the Oregon 600, however I don't see hints or how to get to them. Is there something I am missing or does the GPX file just not include them by default? And if that is the case, is there a place on Geocaching.com that I need to adjust the settings for my GPX files?

Thanks in advance from this GPX newbie.

Select cache, hit navigate to cache, hint should now show.

If you haven't done so already, register the GPS via http://www.geocaching.com/garmin/freetrial.aspx and get 30 days Premium Membership added to your account!

Thanks, already a premium member...have been for ages. So just to make sure I am understanding correctly, you can't see the hint until you actually hit "Go"? Thanks so much!!

Two other things, 1) does it matter if you select GPX 1.0 or GPX 1.0.1 from the list in the profile settings area? 2) with the new interface, did Geocaching.com do away with the ability to list the different devices a person geocaches with? I can't seem to find it anymore but I do remember it wasn't super easy to find the first time either.

Thanks again for all your help! :)

Hit GO and the option to see the hint will show.

30 days will be ADDED to your Premium Membership if already a PM.

1.0 is the better option. 1.0.1 can cause problems... Hence 1.0 still being an option!

Selecting a GPS unit did NOTHING to the site/your GPS. All it did was tell others what you were using. (And was a good marketing ploy... :rolleyes: )

If you really want to, add that information to your profile. :)

Hit GO and the option to see the hint will show.

30 days will be ADDED to your Premium Membership if already a PM.

1.0 is the better option. 1.0.1 can cause problems... Hence 1.0 still being an option!

Selecting a GPS unit did NOTHING to the site/your GPS. All it did was tell others what you were using. (And was a good marketing ploy... :rolleyes: )

If you really want to, add that information to your profile. :)

Thanks, I'll stick with 1.0 for now...and thanks for the add on the premium...nice to know...will do that as well. As far as putting in your GPSer info, I know it didn't do anything, just thought I would update the info in my profile if I could find it but it seems to be gone these days, so no biggie!

Thanks again for all the help.