eTrex 20 problems

My eTrex 20 is not working correctly and I don't know if this relates to putting new batteries in or not. I have pocket queries downloaded and these have been working fine. I had to change batteries about a week ago and when I went geocaching I found I could pull up the geocache and use the compass, however when I went back into the geocache to look at either the description or the hint the screen when blank. I could not navigate out but had to try to turn the Garmin off and then back on again. I've reset the Garmin and the problem persists. The only changes recently have been new batteries and a download of updates. I have to wait until Monday to contact Garmin. Hopefully someone here has seen this issue.

My eTrex 20 is not working correctly and I don't know if this relates to putting new batteries in or not. I have pocket queries downloaded and these have been working fine. I had to change batteries about a week ago and when I went geocaching I found I could pull up the geocache and use the compass, however when I went back into the geocache to look at either the description or the hint the screen when blank. I could not navigate out but had to try to turn the Garmin off and then back on again. I've reset the Garmin and the problem persists. The only changes recently have been new batteries and a download of updates. I have to wait until Monday to contact Garmin. Hopefully someone here has seen this issue.

Try rebooting your e20 will all caches removed from the unit. After the reboot reload the caches and reboot again. The is much easier to do if you are placing you caches on a micro SD card, which is the recommended way to do as Garmin has a habit of occasionally locking up on a cache.

Try rebooting your e20 will all caches removed from the unit. After the reboot reload the caches and reboot again. The is much easier to do if you are placing you caches on a micro SD card, which is the recommended way to do as Garmin has a habit of occasionally locking up on a cache.

I removed all the caches. How do I reboot the eTrex?

Edited by Hansons in Texas

Ok I removed my three pocket queries and rebooted. Then I reloaded one pocket query and rebooted. I now have description and hints back again. When I load my pocket queries I'm just loading them to the GPX file on my Garmin. Could the three pocket queries have caused a problem since they overlap?

Thanks for the help, if this happens again I'll know what to do.

I had this problem yesterday. I thought maybe it was to do with the update I had just installed. Not sure, I installed an update and transferred a GPX file from GSAK at about the same time, so it could have been either one. When I try to see details on the cache, the unit locks up with a blank screen. It also happened after entering coords for the next stage, I tried to view the coords later and it locked up. I haven't tried rebooting with the GPX file removed. I'll give that a try.