find a particular player/cacher

Emmie's Mum

Here's an odd one folks......

Whilst out caching last week I found a 'lost' cache (clip lock box) which had been dumped on a hedge row top. There is no GC marking on the cache or on the log. I've tried my best to search all surrounding caches for any that have gone missing, marrying up the written log dates with the electronic logs. I'm still coming up empty in locating where it's missing from.

I have the written log with the name of two separate find entries on two different days (from those that are legible on the written log!) and need to contact the finder/cacher(s) to find out from them what series they played that day to figure out where this clip-lock hide has come from.

QUESTION: How do I find 'message contact details' for a player, can it be done? Ive tried both names under the 'filters' in PLAY to see if they've hidden any of their own caches and come up empty!

Any help gratefully received :unsure:

If you use this search feature and nothing comes up, does that mean their account no longer exists? I wanted to see the last activity date for a CO who has been unresponsive to messages/NM logs. But when I search members I get nada including no search confirmation result (like "no user found"). If that account no longer exists I'd log an NA. But I also thought GS doesn't delete member accounts.

If you use this search feature and nothing comes up, does that mean their account no longer exists? I wanted to see the last activity date for a CO who has been unresponsive to messages/NM logs. But when I search members I get nada including no search confirmation result (like "no user found"). If that account no longer exists I'd log an NA. But I also thought GS doesn't delete member accounts.

If you've been leaving NM logs on their caches, you shouldn't have to search for their name to find their profile, which has this information. Just go to one of the caches they own and then click on their name on the cache page to view their profile page.

If the user still owns a cache, then their account can't have been deleted. Groundspeak would never do that. Like hzoi said, you can get to the CO's profile from the cache page either by clicking their name at the top, or finding a log submitted by them and clicking their name there.

BTW, is it the owner of the Multi* you've left a couple of NMs on? They actually have a typo in their name if you look closely enough. I bet you were searching for their name without that typo, which is why you didn't get any results. It's a group account, which in theory means that multiple people are responsible for doing cache maintenance, but which in practice usually means nobody is doing the cache maintenance. :laughing:

*...since I'll probably get asked how I looked that up, there's a GSAK macro that can download all of the logs for any user. I used it to download any caches on which PlantAKiss had logged an NM, then made a best guess for which one was the origin of this discussion.

If the user still owns a cache, then their account can't have been deleted. Groundspeak would never do that. Like hzoi said, you can get to the CO's profile from the cache page either by clicking their name at the top, or finding a log submitted by them and clicking their name there.

BTW, is it the owner of the Multi* you've left a couple of NMs on? They actually have a typo in their name if you look closely enough. I bet you were searching for their name without that typo, which is why you didn't get any results. It's a group account, which in theory means that multiple people are responsible for doing cache maintenance, but which in practice usually means nobody is doing the cache maintenance. :laughing:

*...since I'll probably get asked how I looked that up, there's a GSAK macro that can download all of the logs for any user. I used it to download any caches on which PlantAKiss had logged an NM, then made a best guess for which one was the origin of this discussion.

From the OP my take is that the CO name is unknown and they are trying to contact other players who signed the log.

From the OP my take is that the CO name is unknown and they are trying to contact other players who signed the log.

PlantAKiss isn't the OP. They're asking about a different cache than the OP.

Sorry, I was refering to Ernies Mum's post.

I can't find members either. I enter their username into the search engine and nothing comes up.