Garmin etrex 10

I am very happy with my etrex 10. It does the job well and saves my phone batteries - although I think the phone app is far better.

So I buy one for my sister who doesn't have a smart phone. (£80) and has just discovered geocaching. Then She tells me she can't download anything from he pc because apparently it doesn't work with chrome firefox or edge. This means she has sto enter manually and log when she gets home. I have a Mac and it works fine. The man in the shop didn't say anything about it only being Mac compatible. Neither did the information that came with it. Anyone heard of this?

There are many threads on this forum regarding this issue. Search for Garmin Communicator.

Basically:

- This type of plug-in is considered unsafe and is slowly phased out by all browsers.

- Chrome doesn't support the plug-in.

- Edge doesn't support plug-ins at all.

- IE (still present in Windows 10!) works, but you have to add www.geocaching.com to the trusted sites.

- Firefox works, but you have to download and install the SIGNED plug-in from the plug-in store.

I've just bought the Garmin eTrex 10 and I've got to say I've had no issues with it, think it's great for the price. The plugin works on IE very nicely if you don't mind using IE for this. To be honest, putting the GPX files on manually is made very easy thanks to the Geocaching website. :D