I just KNEW he wouldn't care!

Well, apparently our Town Administrator not only doesn't care if I stuff one somewhere, but he's WELL AWARE of others around town! :)

GOODIE!

No, I'm not thinking of stuffing it (them?) in the same spot(s), don't worry!

Took another look now that I was told exactly where they were but there's just no way I could see that thing -even if it were the size of a pill or fingernail- put in that spot. The entire picture window is filled in with concrete and there are no cracks or holes around it to stuff it in. (He also told me that the windows have not been replaced in the last year or 2 or 3, so it's not not there because it got taken away by any workmen fixing windows. (I met him [by chance] at the park and even asked him to look at the window and he said he couldn't see any way it could've been done.) Although that 2nd spot I was told of by the one who originally put them there, due to major grass mowing & renovating in the last few months isn't there anymore.

Edited by jfpinell

I was talking to her the other day and she said that she tried to find it but couldn't because of the train that ate the custard and I don't understand how a train could even get in there, with the red walls and the loud speakers but then she said that the menu has changed and the oil filters feel rough like pond water. He met her also while she was shopping for pet food but they aren't allowed in the park because of the smell.

[try it -- it's kind of fun]

I was talking to her the other day and she said that she tried to find it but couldn't because of the train that ate the custard and I don't understand how a train could even get in there, with the red walls and the loud speakers but then she said that the menu has changed and the oil filters feel rough like pond water. He met her also while she was shopping for pet food but they aren't allowed in the park because of the smell.

The where of who after when are how? :/ :/ :/

I was referring to checking to see if I could put a new geo thing in the park where "nanoregular" was like I have been thinking of doing for awhile.

I was referring to checking to see if I could put a new geo thing in the park where "nanoregular" was like I have been thinking of doing for awhile.

You can put a new geo thing there if it is at least .1 miles from any other geo thing.

That sounded naughty. :unsure:

People would be better able to follow your discussions if you would keep to one thread.

When you have something new to add to an existing topic, you can hit the "add reply" button, instead of creating new threads.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=324417

Moderators can merge your various, but related threads:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=324353

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

People would be better able to follow your discussions if you would keep to one thread.

When you have something new to add to an existing topic, you can hit the "add reply" button, instead of creating new threads.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=324417

Moderators can merge your various, but related threads:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=324353

B.

I'm having such a hard time following, that I can't even tell if the two threads are on the same subject. Are they? :huh:

Why not go out and find a few of the geo things before stuffing any of your own?

Oh I've found a few (like I said the other day, I so far stick to the ones I KNOW I'll be able to get to.) It's just that this one has something going for me considering of course how long I've been going on with it and looking for it. I figure, the poor thing deserves to be recognized again.

I WAS thinking of stuffing it behind a new phone on the wall but considering it's in a box labeled "emergency phone" which, according to our Town Administrator goes DIRECTLY to our County 911 dispatch when the button inside is pushed..... I figured too many people would be opening that box and looking inside (even though it isn't sealed or alarmed I figure all someone has to do is accidentally hit that button & all heck would break loose!). I was (need I say?) looking around that "window on the east side of the building" (Gizfinder told me when I asked about it) but seeing as how there just doesn't seem to be any place to put anything INTO there, I'm still scouting around that general area.

Why not go out and find a few of the geo things before stuffing any of your own?

Oh I've found a few (like I said the other day, I so far stick to the ones I KNOW I'll be able to get to.) It's just that this one has something going for me considering of course how long I've been going on with it and looking for it. I figure, the poor thing deserves to be recognized again.

I WAS thinking of stuffing it behind a new phone on the wall but considering it's in a box labeled "emergency phone" which, according to our Town Administrator goes DIRECTLY to our County 911 dispatch when the button inside is pushed..... I figured too many people would be opening that box and looking inside (even though it isn't sealed or alarmed I figure all someone has to do is accidentally hit that button & all heck would break loose!). I was (need I say?) looking around that "window on the east side of the building" (Gizfinder told me when I asked about it) but seeing as how there just doesn't seem to be any place to put anything INTO there, I'm still scouting around that general area.

I'd say you've hit the nail on the point.

You seem to be REALLY obsessed with this particular (now-archived) geocache, to the point that you are wanting to place a new one there. What is so special about that place, that you want others to go there?

A part of this hobby is logging your finds (and didn't finds) after your search. Why don't you do this for the others you have found? By not logging the caches, you are depriving the cache owners of the story of your experience of looking for, and maybe finding, their geocache.

If you call it a geo-thing do us all a favour and don't put one out. It's called a geocache. Like on the top of this page. Like on geocaching.com. Seriously if you don't know what it's called are you even interested in it enough to keep up maintenance, or are you going to just let it sit and turn to trash?

Get out there, learn what makes a good geocache, and what makes a bad geocache. Learn the guidelines. Learn what it's called. And learn to use proper sentences and paragraphs, and context. Get some experience and place a good geocache, don't just throw one out there.

Don't read too deep into my lingo. "geo-thing" "toy", "stuff", and what not. You'd have to know me personally to fully understand it all.

No thanks.

If you want people to take you seriously, you really should take more care with your grammar and terminology. Oh yes, and context--context is very helpful since not everyone who reads these forums is a mind-reader.

Or are you just having a big joke at the expense of everyone who thinks they are really trying to help you?

Or are you really not more than the 12 year old that you appear to be?

Don't read too deep into my lingo. "geo-thing" "toy", "stuff", and what not. You'd have to know me personally to fully understand it all.

What's the point, then? If you're putting it out there, don't you want us reading it?

Reading what? I said don't read too much INTO it, meaning taking it too seriously or the wrong way. :)

No thanks.

If you want people to take you seriously, you really should take more care with your grammar and terminology. Oh yes, and context--context is very helpful since not everyone who reads these forums is a mind-reader.

Or are you just having a big joke at the expense of everyone who thinks they are really trying to help you?

No need for the snippy "12 year old" comment. If you don't like what I'm writing then just don't simply respond please.

Edited by jfpinell

No thanks.

No need for the snippy "12 year old" comment. If you don't like what I'm writing then just don't simply respond please.

OK, sorry about the "12 year old" comment. But the rest stands as written.

In addition, by insisting on using terms like "geo-thing" "toy" and "stuff" you are insulting geocaching, and by extension, geocachers, including the ones that are trying their darndest to help you.

You can put a new geo thing there if it is at least .1 miles from any other geo thing.

That sounded naughty. :unsure:

Plus he's always playing with his "toy." Everyone puts it in quotes. He says it's his GPSr and "toy" is easier to type, but I'm not so sure.

So is he saying that the mayor is caching during work hours??

;):o

No thanks.

In addition, by insisting on using terms like "geo-thing" "toy" and "stuff" you are insulting geocaching, and by extension, geocachers, including the ones that are trying their darndest to help you.

Not my intent. My wording isn't aimed at anyone or anything. Funny thing is, I'll bet if it were a female using terms like that to sound cute, no one would mind. (Same as calling people things like "dear" or "honey" [i can't STAND that if I don't know the person!] just let a GUY use terms like that and he'd be run out of town.)

No thanks.

Not my intent. My wording isn't aimed at anyone or anything. Funny thing is, I'll bet if it were a female using terms like that to sound cute, no one would mind. (Same as calling people things like "dear" or "honey" [i can't STAND that if I don't know the person!] just let a GUY use terms like that and he'd be run out of town.)

Yes, it's apparent that you're trying to sound "cute" but guess what, it isn't working. It really does make you sound juvenile. And. . . (no, I guess I won't say what else.)

ANYWHO.....(another cute original of mine rather than "anyhow" or "anyway")

Now that I got the OK I figured I would from the head guy at the Town hall, onto figuring out how to label it, stuff it in somewhere and submit it for processing here. :)

(I hope a few particular people are starting to catch on to my cute way of wording things [in general this is me -not just on chat rooms] isn't meant to offend anyone or anything.) :) There are those of us in the world who tend to be wired to take things a bit more (too?) seriously, including choosing words. To each his own I guess. :)

Edited by jfpinell

You have said some pretty inane things, but this one takes the blue ribbon. How could we possibly know your gender or even care? Perhaps you should read section 1C in Groundspeak's Terms Of Use Agreement.

ANYWHO.....(another cute original of mine rather than "anyhow" or "anyway")

Now that I got the OK I figured I would from the head guy at the Town hall, onto figuring out how to label it, stuff it in somewhere and submit it for processing here. :)

(I hope a few particular people are starting to catch on to my cute way of wording things [in general this is me -not just on chat rooms] isn't meant to offend anyone or anything.) :) There are those of us in the world who tend to be wired to take things a bit more (too?) seriously, including choosing words. To each his own I guess. :)

Using cute wording is all fine and dandy, but there's a time and place for it. Not every time and place is the same. People in these forums have been trying to help you out, but it can be very hard to understand what you're talking about when you refuse to use common geocaching terminology. Just to help you out a bit:

Toy -> GPSr (GPS receiver)

Geo-thing -> geocache

Stuff -> hide/place

Processing -> review

You don't need to be completely serious when posting in here. Heck, scroll back through this very discussion and you'll find some humorous posts (albeit at your expense :unsure: ). You just need to remember that this is a niche game with its own specific terminology, and using completely different terminology just makes things more difficult for everyone else. For example, you probably wouldn't get much help if you posted in a computer support forum with "The picture-showing-dealy on my box thingy isn't working".

ANYWHO.....(another cute original of mine . . . . my cute way of wording things

Just a heads-up here--Saying "anywho" is not original, and your way of wording things is not cute. Your mommy may think so, but nobody else does. (Note: if anybody here does, please speak up and I'll rescind the comment.)

You have said some pretty inane things, but this one takes the blue ribbon. How could we possibly know your gender or even care? Perhaps you should read section 1C in Groundspeak's Terms Of Use Agreement.

Heck I've been wandering around here for five years and I almost always end up male.... I'm not male.

Edited by MooseJawSpruce

I thought the reason for a Getting Started section and a How Do I section was so people who are new would not have to worry about someone not taking them seriously because they haven't learned the jargon yet or because their question sounded silly. Come to this section of the forum and you may find that people are less forgiving. :unsure:

I thought the reason for a Getting Started section and a How Do I section was so people who are new would not have to worry about someone not taking them seriously because they haven't learned the jargon yet or because their question sounded silly. Come to this section of the forum and you may find that people are less forgiving. :unsure:

I always figure being nice also goes with an honest attempt to learn.

Heck I've been wandering around here for five years and I almost always end up male.... I'm not male.

Having a feminine name helps a lot, like mine. People don't tend to think of moose jaws and women in the same sentence. ;):laughing:

There have been lots of questions from new people (and not only in Getting Started) who have used wrong terminology; in fact just recently there was a person who started out using "geo-catch") and when they have been corrected, they thanked posters for the correction and began to use the correct terminology. This one, on the other hand, refuses to take advice and says, in effect, "Look how cute I am, because I won't use the same words as everyone else."

Excuse me, I have to run to the bathroom; I'm going to be sick.

So again I say (trying to point this in the original direction) ANYWHO....After just getting done reading some more of the log on that nanoregular (and after all this time I'm FINALLY starting to understand why it was so named), I've found at least 2 dozen comments on how tiny the first part is and how well & originally it's hidden and how many couldn't believe how they could've not seen it after looking so hard, THIS is 1 of the reasons I've thought all along it just MIGHT be there yet -unseen to most eyes. THAT is what makes this so tantalizing (to say the least) for me. The way many comments make it sound it's EXTREMELY hard to see and grab if you don't know EXACTLY what to look for -especially if it's, as many are making it sound, the size of a pill or (original) pencil eraser tip.

Yes, I'm weird. I admit it. :) Got any oatmeal? (Never mind that one. It'id take years to explain!)

Is there a particular reason you use the term "female" instead of "woman?" It's kind of disturbing.

So again I say (trying to point this in the original direction) ANYWHO....After just getting done reading some more of the log on that nanoregular (and after all this time I'm FINALLY starting to understand why it was so named),

The cache description clearly states why it is named nanoregular. See cache here.

This illustrates that you really don't understand caching and need to find and log more before you place your own cache.

Is there a particular reason you use the term "female" instead of "woman?" It's kind of disturbing.

Are you....how should I say.....one of these modern overactive P.C. people? Same difference! GEEZ!

What has that got to do with this anyway? (I thought people complain at me going off topic) :)

So again I say (trying to point this in the original direction) ANYWHO....After just getting done reading some more of the log on that nanoregular (and after all this time I'm FINALLY starting to understand why it was so named),

The cache description clearly states why it is named nanoregular. See cache here.

This illustrates that you really don't understand caching and need to find and log more before you place your own cache.

Perhaps. But there are people who it just takes a bit longer for things to click. Then suddenly it's like; DUH! HELLO! *hits head*

No thanks.

Yes, it's apparent that you're trying to sound "cute" but guess what, it isn't working. It really does make you sound juvenile. And. . . (no, I guess I won't say what else.)

Aw, c'mon, say it! That would be just so totally FAAAAB-ulous! Even if it isn't politically correct! :D

Hmmmm....this thread morphed from a discussion of a subject to a discussion of how to discuss the subject. Why not accept this unique OP and just answer his endless questions raised simultaneously in four different threads?

:cute:

ANYWHO, the conversation is simply FAAAAAAAAAB-ulous!

Edited by wmpastor

That cache is GONE!! ARCHIVED!! OUT OF PLAY!! Get over it.

PLEASE, for the love of the game, get together with some local cachers in your area and learn more about Geocaching. I'm sure you can get more from the face-to-face time with other Geocachers than you ever will from these forum threads. I'll even wager that someone local to yuo will be able to show you how to better operate your GPSr for the purpose of Geocaching.

On a side note, I can tolerate your using personal terms for some of the components in this game, BUT the tones of derision toward women needs to stop immediately. Some of the ladies here are on the edge of being offended, and that is not a good thing to happen.

The discussions here need to be limited to Geocaching topics, like 'how to use your toy to find a geo-thing in that place where somebody stuffed it'.

I can tolerate your using personal terms for some of the components in this game, BUT the tones of derision toward women needs to stop immediately. Some of the ladies here are on the edge of being offended

I usually enjoy finding things to get offended over, however, I can't find any in this thread.

Maybe I'm not offended because, although I am female, I'm definitely not a lady. :unsure:

Are you....how should I say.....one of these modern overactive P.C. people? Same difference! GEEZ!

What has that got to do with this anyway? (I thought people complain at me going off topic) :)

Serious question, Narcissa - why is it disturbing? Maybe he means to refer to both girls and women. Later he refers to "guys," which covers more than "men." There's the corresponding word "gals," but that's risky if not in the right context, I guess.

Wow, we've really analysed this OP!

Aw, c'mon, say it! That would be just so totally FAAAAB-ulous! Even if it isn't politically correct! :D

Just imagine it. It for sure would be deleted and might get me a time out.

I can tolerate your using personal terms for some of the components in this game, BUT the tones of derision toward women needs to stop immediately. Some of the ladies here are on the edge of being offended

I usually enjoy finding things to get offended over, however, I can't find any in this thread.

Maybe I'm not offended because, although I am female, I'm definitely not a lady. :unsure:

Ah, but are you a woman? ;)