Counties

HuFlungPu1230

I have hopes that in the future, when viewing the map, that the county lines are visible. If one is trying to finish up a DeLorme map of the state, it's a little difficult to know what county a cache is in unless you're looking at a separate map. :(

I thought the whole idea of the Delorme map challenges in each State was using the Delorme map to fill in each county.

I have hopes that in the future, when viewing the map, that the county lines are visible.

1) Click the "Select Map Preferences" bar in the bottom left corner of the page.

2) Select Leaflet

3) Press the button in the top right that looks like 3 sheets of paper stacked on top of each other

Most of the Esri maps have county lines and names on them. OpenStreetMaps tends to have county lines (but usually not county names). However, around here at least, OpenStreetMaps has lines for independent cities, while Esri doesn't seem to.

I have hopes that in the future, when viewing the map, that the county lines are visible. If one is trying to finish up a DeLorme map of the state, it's a little difficult to know what county a cache is in unless you're looking at a separate map. :(

I thought the whole idea of the Delorme map challenges in each State was using the Delorme map to fill in each county.

The DeLorme Challenge is to find at least 1 cache per Delorme map page. In certain instances there may be more than 1 county on the page so it would be possible to get your Delorme page but not the counties on that page.

The DeLorme Challenge is to find at least 1 cache per Delorme map page. In certain instances there may be more than 1 county on the page so it would be possible to get your Delorme page but not the counties on that page.

Thanks !

We started our State years ago, but gas bucks kinda cured us of finishing. :)