Garmin Nuvi 1300 and Favorites

CrazyCate

Okay, just to be clear.

1) Delete all GPX files on teh device while plugged into the computer.

2) Empty the trash.

3) Start the GPS and delete all favourites from within the GPS menus.

4) Connect GPS to computer and load new GPX file.

If that is not working, I would suggest a hard reset of the GPS.

So I did that. It loaded and I did get the treasure chests. However, I am getting an error message and it is ONLY loading unknowns, multi, letter box. I an not getting ANY traditional ones. Any ideas? It says that there is a data format error when trying to load with the POI loader. I deleted the POI loader and reinstalled it, but its still doing it.

Thanks!

I downloaded caches to my Nuvi 1300 by clicking one at a time on the individual cache pages.It worked for a short time and then stopped working. The caches are in the GPSR but for whatever reason they're not showing.Caches only show when I enter coordinates by hand

Edited by GrayHawk613

So I did that. It loaded and I did get the treasure chests. However, I am getting an error message and it is ONLY loading unknowns, multi, letter box. I an not getting ANY traditional ones. Any ideas? It says that there is a data format error when trying to load with the POI loader. I deleted the POI loader and reinstalled it, but its still doing it.

Thanks!

I thought you were using GSAK to load the POIs? This should not involve POI Loader.

You are probably best asking on the GSAK forums as it must now be a GSAK problem.

I use the POI loader to remove the POIs that are on my GPS. Also, the macro that I use on GSAK opens the POI loader automatically.

Sounds like you are using a bad out of date macro. GSAK can create and overwrite custom POIs on its own. Up to date macros should use those capabilities.

Something has an issue. My gpx is not putting the traditional into it. I get an error message but I think it is associated with the macro. I tried deleting the macro and downloading it again and reinstalling it but it didnt make a difference. Any ideas? I am leaving in a few days and would love to get this figured out.