Logging cache with a friend

TheMooodySteamNovas

My partner and I have been geocaching for around a month now and we have really caught the bug (excuse the pun).We went premium after a week. We have got a friend involved and he is enjoying it too. Now we have noticed on logs when people add found with a friend and put there friends name they can get it to come up in a different colour and you can click it and go on the friends profile a little like (I hate to say it sorry) Facebook. Does anybody know how to do this please. Many thanks in advance.

My guess is that they're using the built in editor on the "log your visit" screen, and just inserting a hyperlink to the FB page. The little linked chain links in the logging screen is circled in red in my example below:

9d5a9df4-da39-4018-9686-35046979c46d.jpg

You'll need to edit the default text in the brackets in the beginning of html like in the example below:

7140cb1f-0cf6-45d7-a9c2-7574dc9b2e7b.jpg

The resulting link will appear highlighted in blue in your Log Entry.

Sounds kind of cumbersome, but you could copy/paste the link in several logs, and just individualize each log after pasting the link in.

My partner and I have been geocaching for around a month now and we have really caught the bug (excuse the pun).We went premium after a week. We have got a friend involved and he is enjoying it too. Now we have noticed on logs when people add found with a friend and put there friends name they can get it to come up in a different colour and you can click it and go on the friends profile a little like (I hate to say it sorry) Facebook. Does anybody know how to do this please. Many thanks in advance.

There might be other situations where this could be helpful, but if you made a find while caching with a friend - their find log will show right there on the cache page very close to yours. Their profile is easily accessible from that very close proximity find log. Why complicate a very simple game?